NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

IMHO, Edelman could be this year's Miles Austin (WR who comes out of nowhere and lights it up).

Edelman is a Wes Welker clone! And just think, a year and a half ago he was a college QB!

I think this years Pats receiving corps has a chance to be better than the Moss/Welker/Stallworth/Watson/Brown/Gaffney, etc. group in the record breaking '07 season.

Moss is Moss, Welker is way ahead of schedule in his rehab, Edelman looks like a stud. They've added veterans Alge Crumpler and Tory Holt, and have some impressive young players at both WR and TE.

Huge loss for the Patriots as Ty Warren (hip) will miss the entire 2010 season.

I thought so also, until I looked it up and his production it has gone downhill over the past 3 years.

I guess this is a dirty secret that no one wants to say, but the defense was 5th in the NFL in points allowed, and I think they got better since last year. You see Spikes out there yesterday? Chung is a lot better and I like the rookie McCourty.

Brady will be better this year and so will the offense, I can't wait for the season to start. Bring on the Bengals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this is a dirty secret that no one wants to say, but the defense was 5th in the NFL in points allowed, and I think they got better since last year. You see Spikes out there yesterday? Chung is a lot better and I like the rookie McCourty.

Brady will be better this year and so will the offense, I can't wait for the season to start. Bring on the Bengals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The secondary is loaded with good young players, so much so that it looks like either Wheatley or Willhite will not break camp with the team.

I'm very excited for the season to get started :up, but there is two things I'm concerned about:

1. the pass rush

2. depth on the offensive line with Vollmer (who's a stud!) and Connolly now starting. Hopefully they can agree to terms with Mankins soon.

Finally saw last nights Raider game and I like what I saw in defense. Defense held the rushing to 66 total yards. Looks like the Raiders are destined to put Nnamdi on the other's teams best receiver. Either the Raiders corners will get torched or get better realy quick because the Cowboys only moved the ball when they passed to Nnamdi's opposite side. I did not expect much from the offense because in the 1st preseason game, the offenses will be pretty simple.

Finally saw last nights Raider game and I like what I saw in defense. Defense held the rushing to 66 total yards. Looks like the Raiders are destined to put Nnamdi on the other's teams best receiver. Either the Raiders corners will get torched or get better realy quick because the Cowboys only moved the ball when they passed to Nnamdi's opposite side. I did not expect much from the offense because in the 1st preseason game, the offenses will be pretty simple.

You got all this about a D that probably played less than a quarter ?

Or did they decide to play the starters longer being the first game ?

Cable was rotating in starters on the DL, well at least one, through the 4th quarter, part of the reason they put up 17 in the 4th and won against the Cowboys 3rd-4th string guys. Their DL had pressure the entire game though, their new DL coach has improved that squad a lot.

Cable was rotating in starters on the DL, well at least one, through the 4th quarter, part of the reason they put up 17 in the 4th and won against the Cowboys 3rd-4th string guys. Their DL had pressure the entire game though, their new DL coach has improved that squad a lot.

Wow , thats unusual ....

You got all this about a D that probably played less than a quarter ?

Or did they decide to play the starters longer being the first game ?

The Raiders defense played most of the 1st quarter, as did the Cowboys offense and the Raiders defense was able to sack Romo twice and pressure him quite a bit Like I said, the only time they moved the ball was when they threw opposite of Nnamdi. The same trend continued when both teams went to their 2nd and 3rd teams.

I think this years Pats receiving corps has a chance to be better than the Moss/Welker/Stallworth/Watson/Brown/Gaffney, etc. group in the record breaking '07 season.

Moss is Moss, Welker is way ahead of schedule in his rehab, Edelman looks like a stud. They've added veterans Alge Crumpler and Tory Holt, and have some impressive young players at both WR and TE.

Over/under: 40 touchdowns for Brady?

There are rumors around here that Ben wont start and might not play.

I would not be surprised at all if he didn't start, they really need to get whoever they think is going to start the first 4 games as much LIVE time as possible.

Ya know .... The NFL says Ben can't be one the team premise once the season starts, however, is there anything saying that the WR's a can't get together and work out with Ben when they are available ?

Can you imagine going to a area park and finding the QB and QB's of your team practicing !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)