NFL-Rams RB Faulk considering retirement

Marshall has been a class act thruout his career.
I hate to see him retire, but I am sure he still has the desire to be in intregal part of the team.
He has help Steven Jackson every step of the way, getting aclimented into the NFL.

Steven Jackson has earned the starting spot in the last year.

I hope Marshall sticks around, but if not, you've had a fine career in the NFL :cool:

Jimbo

Last edited:
Some guys need to hang it up before it gets too embarrassing, and this is the case with faulk. Jackson has waited long enough, give the guy the ball so they can take some pressure off their pussy QB...=)>

Purogamer said:
Some guys need to hang it up before it gets too embarrassing, and this is the case with faulk. Jackson has waited long enough, give the guy the ball so they can take some pressure off their pussy QB...=)>

Do you really think Marshall SHOULD hang it up ?
I thought he done well when playing, although I don't follow them closely, I have noticed just how good Stephen Jackson has played.
I just didn't think Marshall was struggling enough to hang it up.... He still looked reliable to me. jmo

Jimbo

The rams aren't going anywhere, and his body has taken a pounding on that hard surface. I don't think it's an issue of has he lost a step, because it's obvious. It's an issue of can he be relegated to backup, or is it time to call it a career. Depends on how his body feels and how bad he needs the money, which only he knows.

He's not the starter anymore, and a lot of guys can't handle that...

Purogamer said:
The rams aren't going anywhere, and his body has taken a pounding on that hard surface. I don't think it's an issue of has he lost a step, because it's obvious. It's an issue of can he be relegated to backup, or is it time to call it a career. Depends on how his body feels and how bad he needs the money, which only he knows.

He's not the starter anymore, and a lot of guys can't handle that...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe he's changed his mind, but I thought I heard an interview last year where he was willing to be a back-up and trying to be a mentor for Stephen.

Still a classy guy :up

Jimbo

Plus they got a new coach who's unproven. I mean, the DOLPHINS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR is who they hired, yikes...The guy leaves and they finally get a real quarterback, coincidence??

Jackson doesn't need a mentor, he needs a handoff in the gut and a hole in the o-line...

Purogamer said:
Plus they got a new coach who's unproven. I mean, the DOLPHINS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR is who they hired, yikes...The guy leaves and they finally get a real quarterback, coincidence??

Jackson doesn't need a mentor, he needs a handoff in the gut and a hole in the o-line...

You are correct ...

Your comment made me think :
"and a hole in the o-line..."

Thats what the Lions have always needed (good blocking)
But if you take it literary,
They have a huge, "Hole in the o-line" ever since I was a kid !!!

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Do you really think Marshall SHOULD hang it up ?
I thought he done well when playing, although I don't follow them closely, I have noticed just how good Stephen Jackson has played.
I just didn't think Marshall was struggling enough to hang it up.... He still looked reliable to me. jmo

Jimbo

I agree completely. Marshall to me doesn't look like someone that should retire. Starters get hurt. Bettis played a good amount of time as the "backup" last year.

Faulk is not ready to walk away from the game just yet. I have a hard time believing he would ever go out on a losing note, especially when the team has made efforts to get back to a possible playoff team.

Purogamer said:
Bulger still QB? They're not going anywhere...

WOW! not every qb is going to be john elway. pro bowl second year as a stater, nearly 4000 yards passing in two season, good td vs int ratio, im glad we have him. we need defense, as we have for years. hopefully this years moves will work out.

Bulger is the Kyle Boller of the NFC...

Stats are fine, but when it comes playoff time, you'd like your QB to not freak out and be completely rattled at the thought of getting INT'ed, because if he's scared of it, it always happens. You can see his picks coming before he lets the ball go...

Purogamer said:

Stats are fine, but when it comes playoff time, you'd like your QB to not freak out and be completely rattled at the thought of getting INT'ed, because if he's scared of it, it always happens. You can see his picks coming before he lets the ball go...

Bulger, Boller.......Boller, Bulger
Hmmmmmmmm
They are very simular.

I think I would take Bulger if I had to choose
Probably old man Warner over either.
None of them are any better than average....

Jimbo

I would take Mark Rypien today over either of them. There are a ton of washed up old guys i'd take over either one.

If I had to choose between Bulger or Tim Couch...I'd take bulger, but i'd have to think about it, and that's sad...

Purogamer said:

not all that bad. bulger had one VERRY bad playoff game, his first vs CAR. where he threw for 3 INT and no td's., VS the Seahawks , a win, and the Falcons a lost, he had 2 TDs and 1 INT in each game. also, at the top of the list for this year is to get him better protection, wich of course helps any QB. again, hes no elway, but i would take him over alot of others. BTW back on faulk, in todays(6-24-06) st louis paper it says faulks knees are not getting any better and might need more surgey. if so the Rams are thinking of putting him on IR so he can have his full salary for the year and then see how he feels for 2007. if he does not play this year he will work on the NFL network with former coach dick vermille, check your local listing!

dantheman77 said:
not all that bad. bulger had one VERRY bad playoff game, his first vs CAR. where he threw for 3 INT and no td's., VS the Seahawks , a win, and the Falcons a lost, he had 2 TDs and 1 INT in each game. also, at the top of the list for this year is to get him better protection, wich of course helps any QB. again, hes no elway, but i would take him over alot of others. BTW back on faulk, in todays(6-24-06) st louis paper it says faulks knees are not getting any better and might need more surgey. if so the Rams are thinking of putting him on IR so he can have his full salary for the year and then see how he feels for 2007. if he does not play this year he will work on the NFL network with former coach dick vermille, check your local listing!

I hadn't reallized he was having trouble with the knees, til I saw an article in TSN the other day.

I guess, if his knees won't let him play, maybe he will hang it up, but as you mentioned, the Rams sound like they will take care of him, thats good.

If he tries to come back next year and cannot go, then I think he will be gone.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Faulk to miss season,may retire due to knee surgery

Another update on the status of Marshall Faulk here. http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/STL/9565276 There was also a report on NFL Network's "Total Access" show about Faulk,saying that the Rams will most likely put him on the "Physically unable to perform" list for the 2006 season and see if he can recover from the major reconstructive surgery to his knees.They also reported that he is still considering retirement.

Marshall Faulk will do very well on the NFL network. I love Marshall to death. I realize he was the reason the Rams were the "Greatest Show on Turf" but very few running backs (The Bus & John Riggins are two rare exceptions) that improved after age 30. Marshall is a class act and will be in the Hall of Fame.