NFL ST lower price deals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
This will be my 3rd year to NFL Sunday Ticket. I get auto-renewed at a "special low price". I think it's 5 payments of $45 and change. Can I call and get a cheaper deal since Im a loyal subscriber? I already got myself a free HR20-100 (HD DVR) and six months of Showtime & HBO free as well as Starz for 3 months free and a $10 credit for a year. I got SuperFan free last year and will attemp to do so again this year. But I really want to know if anyone has ever got an even lower price on Sunday Ticket.

They really wont deal on the price. Super Fan is usually tossed in for free and you can get other offset credits. I got a $200 in March plus $10 off per month for 12 months.

Being a long time customer and asking. I call retention every 8-12 months or so and see what they offer. I usually just mention I am looking at other providers and get a new receiver or some credit offsets. I get ST, MLB and monthly charges around 90 bucks for 10 years so they are pretty good to me. But its really as simple and just being nice, asking and seeing what they can do for you. They are really a unique company that does this for good customers. I have also never been late on paying my bills in 10 years too so that helps.

IF you are on Auto Renew, that will be the lowest price offered although I have not yet seen it listed anywhere.
D* rep said expect it on your bill in July or August (I don't remember which)

Jimbo

I called on Father's day and got the upgrade to Superfan for free so I can get my games in HD (at least what they offer as HD). I'm not a new customer so I was happy just to get that. You should call, it's basically an extra hundred bucks free.

I'm reposting this from anohter thread as I though it may help the questioner:

Well, I was very fortunate today in calling on my NFLST.

I sent an email this weekend simply asking for a better price, since $329 was getting too high for my budget, and I only want the package for HD games.

My hope was to get SF for free, getting the package to $229.

Someone from 'special services' (retention) called my house and left a number with pin to call back. I called this afternoon and actually didn't say anything, she looked up my account and said to hold on while she read my email. She restated what I wanted, and I reiterated that I just wanted to see what they could do, as I couldn't afford it, I also mentioned a friend got SF for free during the draft.

I was on hold for 10 minutes, and she came back and said the draft promo was over and she couldn't add free superfan.

I held another minute, she came back and thanked me for being such a good customer. She then told me she would give me $10 off my package for 1 year, and waive the $9.99 HD Access charge for 1 year, essentially giving me $240 and covering the cost of the NFLST package.

WOW!

So I wanted them to waive $99 SF package, and she waived the $229 entire NFLST package for me! Wow...

So, here are some details on me, as a reference.

I am only a sub since September, still with 1 year 3 months left in my contract. I had the NFLST package last year with 4 months free premier package.

I sub to total choice for $47.99, HD, DVR, and HBO. So my regular bill is $77 plus $15 for extra receivers. I also sub to the Extra Innings package with Superfan.

Today I am still receiving a $10 / month credit for the first 15 months of my contract, and receiving another $10 credit, but I can't remember how long that one is good for.

I'm very happy with the discounts, one thing I like over E*, who wouldn't give a price break once in my 3 years with them, even when leaving. I've been VERY happy with D*.

While this may not help others, and D* may not offer discounts like this to others, I wanted to share my experience. All I did was be nice and ask, had a goal in mind, and waited to see what they could do.

I will say this, I think the more you sub to the more accomadating they are. With two sport packages and an average bill over $100 even with discounts, they did take care of me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)