NFL Sunday Ticket Blackouts Loophole?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

domdom

Original poster
Sep 23, 2010
USA
I know that when NFL games are blacked out locally, they're also blacked out through NFL Sunday ticket.

Although I recently heard someone mention that you can actually watch a locally blacked-out game online just by logging in to your DirectV account if you have the SuperFan option.

I guess that makes sense since it's through the internet but wanted to know if anybody knew if that was true?

I meant Sunday Ticket To Go (gotta stop calling it SuperFan)...I do subscribe to that, so if blackouts don't apply to the internet stream, I guess I'm good to go...thx for the input!

I think there is a crude blackout check on the online format. I haven't tried checking a game online that was in my DMA, but you can always try to change your service zip into a new DMA to attempt to get out of your current blackout area. But that violates your TOS, so its a personal decision.

May I ask who your local blacked out team is and your zip?

Thanks Convem. Hey Charper, The Bucs/Steelers game is blacked out for Sunday...I'm in Orlando zip 32819, but Bucs games get blacked out in this market since the broadcast signal falls within the 75 mile radius.

Thanks Convem. Hey Charper, The Bucs/Steelers game is blacked out for Sunday...I'm in Orlando zip 32819, but Bucs games get blacked out in this market since the broadcast signal falls within the 75 mile radius.

Wow Bucks v Steelers are already listed as blacked out? I sure would have thought that game would have sold the appropriate amount of tickets to avoid that.

Maybe not the policy (my bad)? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_television#Blackout_policies

Last edited:
Wow Bucks v Steelers are already listed as blacked out? I sure would have thought that game would have sold the appropriate amount of tickets to avoid that.

Maybe not the policy (my bad)? NFL on television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Black out are usually listed at 1 or 4 PM on the Thursday before.
If your close, teams will normally ask for a 24 hour extension, I don't think they have ever denied someone an extension.

Must not even be close ...
Thats very surprising seeing were in the early stages of the season AND the team is undefeated.

Yeah, go figure...two undefeated teams playing each other and it's blacked out.

They're even saying that when the Saints play Tampa that game may also be blacked out...Bucs fans haven't been this fair-weathered since the days of the Big Sombrero.

As was mentioned they could use IP addresses to blackout games, but when I had it last year they didn't. I should have been blackedout on Raider games but never was. Now this could have changed this year, I don't have ST anymore. I know with LP online and some ESPN3 games they do use IP addresses to black out games. It varies though, you can tell if your IP address is showing local by going to a webpage like home depot and seeing where it lists your local store. If it gives you a rough idea of what store is local to you and it's correct then your IP address is close to your home area.

NFL Blackouts

In the old days I would use my brothers address in another state and get all the games. Even the blacked out ones. I don't know if that would work today.

Believe me guys, I was just as surprised by the Bucs/Steelers blackout...the Bucs won't even ask for an extension either: Bucs-Steelers game will be blacked out
Not blacked out on My local Wyou CBS 22.
Might be blacked out on ST for me since this is an in market game for me, which is why I'm forced to watch it on my locals, But anyone OUT of Market with ST should have no issue watching it.

Not blacked out on My local Wyou CBS 22.
Might be blacked out on ST for me since this is an in market game for me, which is why I'm forced to watch it on my locals, But anyone OUT of Market with ST should have no issue watching it.

The Black Out is only in the HOME teams market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)