Nfusion Hd set up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kwik13a

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 9, 2009
chicago
Just bought an nfusion Hd, used , to use with true free to air, but i come to find out that it has issues, at first I get a signal and then it decrease all the way back to zero one by one, did factory rest updated with some files, now I get signal on some tps, not all, for example on 97W i got a good signal on 12146 but i come to find out that the channels are from a different tp 11991 but i have No signal on this tp weird !!!, then i try to set another sat " 101w" dish doesn't move with usual or disq, not sure what's going one, not sure what to do I uploaded the factory software few times rest it couple times but no luck, i have 3 other receivers working on the same line with no problem ...any help is appreciated.
Thanks

The USALS works well, the diseqc 1.2 not as well although the later software versions seem to be much better. Unfortunately, no blindscan, and not much hope of them adding it at this point.
what is the latest software update ???
thanks

I assume you are asking about the SV-HD8000 Firmware.

I think the best is either 2.57 Factory Firmware or the 4.43 version.

2.57 can be found here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/171384-review-sonicview-sv-hd8000-15.html

4.43 can be found here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpe...review-sonicview-sv-hd8000-8.html#post2025459

BTW, I have been running my SV-HD8000 for about a year and a half and I love it - - - I have had to replace the C10 and C24 Capacitors but other than that it has been a great unit. It runs my DG-380 motor very well and I'm on the arc KU from 15W to 127W. It does has some quirks but all in all I like it.

broke a couple posts off an old thread

Please do not go through old threads on this receiver and resurrect them to ask the same question. Try and keep it all in one thread

just wondering why im getting great signal on 2-3 TP on 97w, but getting channels from those tps with No a signal, any help ????
thanks

Have you correctly set the LNB type and LO frequency in the receiver installation menu to match the LNBF on the dish?

Are you receiving great Signal LEVEL and Signal QUALITY readings or only Signal LEVEL? What are the transponder frequencies and channel names that are scanned in, but displaying "No Signal"?

LNB SET TO UNIVERSAL 5150- 10750
22KHZ ON
LNB POWER ON
Diseqc mode USALS
Legacy SW Disable

LEVEL 98% QUALITY 72% ON TP 12146 V
I get these channels which show on TP 11991 V
Kuwait Space Channel,Pink Plus,2M Monde

0% Quality on every other TP
Tried moving the motor to other Satellite but no luck if i try to come back to 97W I lose the Signal on that one TP

I suspect that you actually have an Universal LNBF with an LO of 9750 / 10600 on your dish and that you have the LNB setting incorrect on your receiver to 5150 / 10750. Verify that your LNBF states "UNIVERSAL" and LO 9750 / 10600. 22KHz can either be set to AUTO or ON for reception of this satellite.

The reason that I suspect this is: Channels are scanning in on an existing transponder frequency that happens to be 155MHz lower than the frequency where they should be. 10750 - 10600 = 150MHz.

It Worked, everything downloaded fine, But when i try to go to 101W, I get no signal , I try to go back to 97W I lose the signal and it just keeps saying moving dish to 97w, but it doesn't drive the dish back

kwik13a said:
It Worked, everything downloaded fine, But when i try to go to 101W, I get no signal , I try to go back to 97W I lose the signal and it just keeps saying moving dish to 97w, but it doesn't drive the dish back

How do you move the motor back to aim at 97W?

Have you entered your location's longitude (as west) and latitude (as north) in the USALS motor set-up screen and saved? Does the motor move to the correct position or do you need to fine tune the aiming?

Sounds to me like the motor has not been properly aimed during installation.

it moves to the correct positions on some satelliets and some i have to tune it a little using Disqc 1.2 on my old receiver,
With this New one it does not move back with USALS, it only moves only when I click Go To Reference, but I noticed that this receiver that it's slow to pick up the signal normally 5 sec, so when I move with Diseqc it just misses it. Yes I enter my Location correctly and I made sure of that.
The Motor works fine my other receivers it's been like this for the past 2 years

Does the motor's LED light flash with orange pulses when you send a USALS command to the motor?

I have never used the nFusion HD, so I know nothing about the menus or able to vouch for the ability to control a motor. Here are a few general suggestions.
  • On some receivers, the channel searching must be performed in the motor setting screen in order for the channel changes to trigger a motor move.
  • USALS setting might need to be saved or activated for each satellite.
  • or the unit may not be capable of motor control.

I guess you gotta double check things sometimes, i had 88.1E intead of W, everything works great now..........Thanks for all your help , those tips helped alot.

One last question, do I use the same LNB Freq for every other satellite for example 125 W

Kwik,

Yes, you must use the same LNB Frequency for all sats.

The LNB Frequency is actually the frequency of the internal Local Oscillator or the L.O. within the LNB itself. This does not change unless you change your LNB to a different type. It has nothing to do with the satellite you select, it is a function of the LNB only. If you have a universal LNB, then you actually have two internal L.O.'s, one that operates at a frequency of 9750 and one at 10600 (normally). These will be active automatically as required.

If you alter the LNB Frequency, you are already witness to what occurs - the TP frequencies scan in erroneously and don't match the lists on sites such as Lyngsat. Some TPs won't even come in at all. So, you see that it is important to set this exactly to match your LNB.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)