NHL 2007-08 Season

Thanks Jimbo. So it appears that the information in the D* programming guide is incorrect. I can't wait !

Maybe D* was NOT incorrect, if you notice the article I posted was updated just yesterday morning.

That said, I find it hard to believe that the Red Wings would not be on the main FSN channel during the playoffs.

Jimbo

Getting ready for the Wings to skate into action this evening...only to be followed by Michigan vs Notre Dame in the Frozen Four!:)

keepthecup.jpg

I hate to say it but my team belongs in the WNBA. I received this e-mail a few minutes ago from my brother. Subject: San Jose Skirts...

I'm sorry, I can't root for your team anymore.
Never in the history of professional sports has
a team allowed their captain to receive such abuse
without retribution. It looks like the skirts will get bounced
early yet again because they are unable to man-up in
the playoffs. Shades of the Jacques Martin era Ottawa
Senators.

Damnit, he hit the nail on the head.

You wouldn't happen to be a Flyers fan by any chance? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am.
I still can't believe what the penguins did in that final game. I play adult "beer league" hockey with a bunch of penguins fans. After our game the other night we sat in the locker room discussing the playoffs and to my surprise most of them were ashamed of their team. It is sad when a good team has to lower themselves to throwing a game so that they could have an easier opponent.

Yes, I am.
I still can't believe what the penguins did in that final game. I play adult "beer league" hockey with a bunch of penguins fans. After our game the other night we sat in the locker room discussing the playoffs and to my surprise most of them were ashamed of their team. It is sad when a good team has to lower themselves to throwing a game so that they could have an easier opponent.

Wouldn't a win have given the Pens a chance for home ice for the rest of the conference playoffs? That's just crap coming from the Ottawa media to cover the Senators' poor play. If it makes Flyer fans feel good, fine.
356_smiley_face_playing_hockey.gif

I hate to say it but my team belongs in the WNBA. I received this e-mail a few minutes ago from my brother. Subject: San Jose Skirts...

I'm sorry, I can't root for your team anymore.
Never in the history of professional sports has
a team allowed their captain to receive such abuse
without retribution. It looks like the skirts will get bounced
early yet again because they are unable to man-up in
the playoffs. Shades of the Jacques Martin era Ottawa
Senators.

Damnit, he hit the nail on the head.
I feel your pain. This "tough mindedness", which is crucial to winning the Stanley Cup, has largely been missing in Detroit after Scotty Bowman retired. While the Wings have been stellar during the regular season, they have often played like cream puffs in the post season. I still miss Konstantinov!

Anyway, I really think the Wings have the metal toughness to win the Cup this year. We shall see...:)

I feel your pain. This "tough mindedness", which is crucial to winning the Stanley Cup, has largely been missing in Detroit after Scotty Bowman retired. While the Wings have been stellar during the regular season, they have often played like cream puffs in the post season. I still miss Konstantinov!

Anyway, I really think the Wings have the metal toughness to win the Cup this year. We shall see...:)

The Wings lost alot when The Captain retired and when Shanny and Brett Hull left the team.

I follow the team , but not as much as I use to.

Jimbo

Since the playoffs are now here and my team has missed them again :mad: all I can say is watch out for the Jackets next year. They might finally finish 9th in their conference. :eek:

Hasek being Hasek, last night. The Wings steal defeat from the jaws of victory. 2 goals in 9seconds for the Predators. Really, Hasek?
I was very angry after watching that game. However, I don't really blame Hasek for giving up those goals. For the tying goal he was screened and didn't really see the puck until it was too late. The winning goal was a precisely placed rocket from relatively close range. On that play, the Wings defense blew it and left him wide open for a drive to the net.

I was mostly irritated at the way the Wings played "not to lose" for the entire 3rd period (after they scored the quick goal at the beginning of the period). Even Mickey called out the coaches before disaster struck, saying how the Wings were just allowing Nashville to possess the puck and carry it into the offensize zone with momentum. The Wings played dump and chase for the whole period instead of carrying/passing the puck across the line like they'd been doing successfully in periods 1 and 2. They had better realize that you can't sit back and try to protect 1-goal leads in the playoffs.

You complain about San Jose not being tough enough, a columnist in Denver is accusing the Wild of "Thugging up" the game. Hockey is physical, and it has always had thugs.

Last year the Wild was the team that got thugged in the playoffs by Anaheim, this year they added muscle and now can hold there own with anyone..

I was very angry after watching that game. However, I don't really blame Hasek for giving up those goals. For the tying goal he was screened and didn't really see the puck until it was too late. The winning goal was a precisely placed rocket from relatively close range. On that play, the Wings defense blew it and left him wide open for a drive to the net.

I was mostly irritated at the way the Wings played "not to lose" for the entire 3rd period (after they scored the quick goal at the beginning of the period). Even Mickey called out the coaches before disaster struck, saying how the Wings were just allowing Nashville to possess the puck and carry it into the offensize zone with momentum. The Wings played dump and chase for the whole period instead of carrying/passing the puck across the line like they'd been doing successfully in periods 1 and 2. They had better realize that you can't sit back and try to protect 1-goal leads in the playoffs.

The history of the Stanley Cup is carried on the backs of HOT goaltenders, you know the ones - they're the ones that make the seeing-eye saves and the impossible stops, the same ones that have taken us out of the playoffs in seasons past. Hot goal tending is the ticket to the cup. While I'm not entirely blaming Hasek, I will say that you have to have some extraordinary goal tending to win it all, and yesterday was not an example of that, was it? That being said, I thought the rest of the team got lazy after grabbing an early 2- 0 lead, and let Nashville back in the game. This team has played bad in the second period all three games.

There is a God! The Spurs are out!

My Random Thoughts on a Saturday Afternoon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts