NHL 2007-08 Season

Hasek was definitely not extraordinary last night, either... The sad part is that Ellis is not exactly making any unbelievable saves. It's just that the Wings are playing like crap in the offensive zone. The Z/Dats line was the only one that could get anything going last night. It seemed like Nashville was winning most of the battles by the boards and just outworking the Wings. What's most disturbing to me is that in the last few minutes of both of the Wings' losses, they simply could not generate many quality scoring chances. Nashville just kept clearing the puck over and over again like it was nothing.

Friday's game is a must-win as far as I'm concerned.

Dear Jimbo,
You are my friend. You have been to my house. We have drank together.
I love you man.

But you cannot, with a straight face, waive the OSU flag while talking aboot the Ruddy Wings.

Too much bad blood between those two parts of the country.

Dude....think about it!

Dear Jimbo,
You are my friend. You have been to my house. We have drank together.
I love you man.

But you cannot, with a straight face, waive the OSU flag while talking aboot the Ruddy Wings.

Dude....think about it!

Different sport Dude, not a problem.
I live 500 ft from the line.

This is Tigers, Red Wings territory as well as Cleveland territory ...
Remember , the Blue Jackets have not been around very long.
I've been following hockey since '70.

The bad blood my friend is with College Football, nothing else, Ohio didn't have a hockey team when I was growing up. :):):)

Jimbo

Dude....think about it!
Huh? My wife and I both graduated from Ohio State, but my career took us to the motor city. I've lived here for 4 and half years now, and during that time I've become a die-hard Wings fan. I never really watched hockey while I lived in Columbus, but something about living in "Hockeytown" drew me in. It is now my second-favorite sport behind football. I'm also a Tigers fan, but I'm ashamed to admit that I never really cared much about baseball until they made their World Series run a couple years back (but that describes half of Tigers fans right now :p ).

Where's Sandra?

Her Rangers are up 3-1 on the Devils. If DBSForums was working, she'd be gloating all about it.

Goodness this is soooooooooo not true! Nobody knows better than me that when it comes to the Rangers, nothing has been won until the final buzzer. I'm afraid that Devil goal with six seconds left in the game, to force OT in 1994 game seven, sent a young girl to her bedroom crying and has scarred her for life.

I'll believe it's over when it's over, and not one (or six) seconds before.

The truth is the only game in which the Rangers have played well for 60 minutes so far was game three, the game they lost. Unfortunately that game went 66 minutes, and the Rangers were on their heels the entire overtime.

The Devils never go away, they seem to play best against the Rangers when their backs are to the wall, and this series is far far from over. One win tonight and the Devils are right back in it with momentum on their side.

It's going to come down to goaltending, and while Brodeur has not been sensational so far he certainly has a sensational game in him. And Henrik...I'm still undecided. He can and has been sensational as well, but bad goals seem to find him at the worst possible times. Consistency Hank, consistency.

If he wasn't so darned cute he would really annoy me!

Sandra

Last edited:
That Caps Flyers game was a rough one for me last night. The Caps finally played good hockey and still couldn't come away with a W. I dunno how long the rest of this series is going to go...

I don't get the 'Justice is served' part of your post.
Hehe, yeah I thought I might get a comment about that. Usually when you outshoot a team 53-20 and have MANY more quality scoring chances, you have more to show for it than 1 goal. Then to have your opponent, whom you absolutely dominated the entire game, tie the game with 42 seconds left in regulation... It just seemed like injustice to me. :) But yes, I know in this game of hockey the dominant team doesn't always win. There is A LOT of luck involved.

That Caps Flyers game was a rough one for me last night. The Caps finally played good hockey and still couldn't come away with a W. I dunno how long the rest of this series is going to go...

I think it will be over today (Sat.). Like I said in a different post" Flyers in 5"
Go Flyers

Hehe, yeah I thought I might get a comment about that. Usually when you outshoot a team 53-20 and have MANY more quality scoring chances, you have more to show for it than 1 goal. Then to have your opponent, whom you absolutely dominated the entire game, tie the game with 42 seconds left in regulation... It just seemed like injustice to me. :) But yes, I know in this game of hockey the dominant team doesn't always win. There is A LOT of luck involved.

You obviously don't watch the Wings then, they OUTSHOOT the opponents in about EVERY game and give up a goal because the goalie falls asleep due to lack of business. :D

Jimbo

There is a God! The Spurs are out!

My Random Thoughts on a Saturday Afternoon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts