NHL 2011-12 Season

You would still play other teams more than twice a year. This would just guarantee guarantee that you play every team in the league twice. If you only played each team twice you would only have a 58 game season. You still have another 24 games that can be used for all of the in conference games and rivalries.

I could see it working. In Buffalo's case; you split the other 24 games up with your division teams (Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo and Ottawa) - 3 additional home and away games with each.

I could see it working. In Buffalo's case; you split the other 24 games up with your division teams (Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo and Ottawa) - 3 additional home and away games with each.

This works in the NBA, with the same number of teams and the same number of games. I agree, I would like to see each team played twice, and lose a few interconference games.

Sandra

You would still play other teams more than twice a year. This would just guarantee guarantee that you play every team in the league twice. If you only played each team twice you would only have a 58 game season. You still have another 24 games that can be used for all of the in conference games and rivalries.

24 game still only gives you 1-2 more games against your conference teams, so essentially, your playing only 4 games a year against your conference ... can you seriously have a conference that you only play one another 4 times a year ?

OK, so you play your division guys 8 times in the year and everyone else in the league 2 ?

How many division and conference games are played currently and how many interconference ?

I think at least half your schedule should be against your conference, which that figure would be.
So, are you playing all these other games that you want to play 2 times a year as a Home and Home ?
That would be a travel nightmare.

24 game still only gives you 1-2 more games against your conference teams, so essentially, your playing only 4 games a year against your conference ... can you seriously have a conference that you only play one another 4 times a year ?

With the change your conference would be much smaller. You would only have 7 - 8 team conferences (4 conferences total) and that would allow you to play each conference opponent at least 7 times. You would put them down to at least 6 games and then you could throw another game or two with your biggest rivals.

FYI, you only play in conference teams 6 times today so this plan does not change that. It just allows you to play ever team in the league. I would think that most fans would love to see their team play every team in the league. How many Eastern conference teams would you like to see the Wings play right now?

With the change your conference would be much smaller. You would only have 7 - 8 team conferences (4 conferences total) and that would allow you to play each conference opponent at least 7 times. You would put them down to at least 6 games and then you could throw another game or two with your biggest rivals.

FYI, you only play in conference teams 6 times today so this plan does not change that. It just allows you to play ever team in the league. I would think that most fans would love to see their team play every team in the league. How many Eastern conference teams would you like to see the Wings play right now?

Well, that would be better ....
All depends if they re shuffle the teams around and make new divisions.

Well, that would be better ....
All depends if they re shuffle the teams around and make new divisions.

My idea is 100% dependent on that happening. I am really hoping that they shuffle the league around but I have a feeling that they won't. From what I have heard the Eastern conference teams are not interested in it as it would hurt them with travel. They really like having a big portion of the teams they play within a bus ride away.

The Bruins start defense of their Stanley Cup Championship tonight at the Garden against the Flyers. The banner will be raised pregame to the Garden rafters. :)

The Bruins are trying to be the first back-to-back champions since the 97-98 Red Wings.

Great doubleheader on Versus tonight:

Flyers at Bruins- 7:00pm ET
Penguins at Canucks- 10:00pm ET

GO BRUINS!!!

First opinion on my Blue Jackets after their opening night loss to Nashville.

The fist line of Nash/Carter/Prospel is an absolute beast. They will be able to compete with any top line in the NHL. The rest of the lines need some work and the defense really needs Wisniewski back. It may be a tough 7 games on defense before he is back from his suspension. Mason did OK in goal but he let an ugly one get by. The team really needs him to step back up to his rookie year performance and quit letting the easy ones by.

On a side note, I noticed that they have replaced all of the glass at the corner of the benches with curved glass instead of having the 90 degree corners. This has only happened since the last preseason game so it must have been a last minute change in the league. They must be trying to cut down on the injurys from the players getting checked into them.

Nice to see Ty conklin come out with a solid game as backup for wings!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)