NHL 2013 Season

Wings are now up 5-2...

IF Columbus loses tonight, the Wings are in .

If not tonight, a Win or a tie would put them in as well.

Big win by the Jackets tonight. It all comes down to a couple of games Saturday.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Big win for Blues last night and all they have to do is win Saturday and they have 1st round home ice advantage in 1st round and 4th place wrapped up!! :)

Look West Young Man...

Eight teams in the East are headed to the Playoffs, but there are still three teams vying for two positions with one game remaining in the West:

7 Detroit 23 16 8 54 Points
8 Minnesota 25 19 3 53 Points
Columbus 23 17 7 53 Points

Predators vs Blue Jackets (Saturday 7:00 PM ET)
Red Wings vs Stars (Saturday 7:00 PM ET on NBCSN)
Wild vs Avalanche (Saturday 7:30 PM ET)

Eight teams in the East are headed to the Playoffs, but there are still three teams vying for two positions with one game remaining in the West:

Columbus 23 17 7 53 Points

So, it comes down to the very last game for the Red Wings streak ....
I guess its better than before the season started when no one expected them to be able to make it ... and they have rightfully played BAD thruout the year (injuries played a big part of it, as it does for most all teams), but of late they have played better, much different than coasting into the playoffs trying to get/keep people healthy ...

MAYBE this will work to thier advantage if they make it for a change.
We always run up on a team that is in that spot of playing playoff hockey just to get in and they are always very tough in the first round.

1st rounds are usually the hardest, second rounds usually go as scripted as teams are better and the Cinderellas usually are weeded out ...

Plenty of Upsets happen for that reason in the 1st rounds ... we'll see ...

I believe if the Wings Win thier IN ...

Go Wings !!!

Blues win today against Blackhawks and Hawks are resting alot of starters today and Blues get home ice 1st round if they go to ot and lose in shootout or ot they get home ice if San Jose wins but Kings win Kings get Home ice against the Blues :) Go Blues!!! :)

Columbus23 17 7 53 Points

Going to be down at Nationwide Arena tonight for the huge party. Hopefully they can take care of what needs to be done tonight. Win and hope for a little help.

Best thing that can happen tonight is a lose by Detroit and Wild as long as the Jackets win. This will allow both Detroit and Columbus to make the playoffs.

Best thing that can happen tonight is a lose by Detroit and Wild as long as the Jackets win. This will allow both Detroit and Columbus to make the playoffs.

I'd rather see Detroit WIN, keep their streak of good hockey going and C-Bus Win and Wild lose, that would get both in as well, I think.

I'd rather see Detroit WIN, keep their streak of good hockey going and C-Bus Win and Wild lose, that would get both in as well, I think.

Wings win and they go make the #7 slot. If they lose in OT, there is a pretty good shot they will still secure the #7 or #8 spot. However, if they lose it's probably less than 50-50 they get in. In other words, they control their fate. Offhand, it would like like Columbus has the biggest hill to climb since they will need help from either Detroit or Minnesota...however, the Wild have not been playing well so I would give Columbus the nod over the Wild. Anyway, all the arm-chair analysis is meaningless since the teams will have the play this evening. We'll find out soon enough. Go Wings!

Wings win and they go make the #7 slot. If they lose in OT, there is a pretty good shot they will still secure the #7 or #8 spot. However, if they lose it's probably less than 50-50 they get in. In other words, they control their fate. Offhand, it would like like Columbus has the biggest hill to climb since they will need help from either Detroit or Minnesota...however, the Wild have not been playing well so I would give Columbus the nod over the Wild. Anyway, all the arm-chair analysis is meaningless since the teams will have the play this evening. We'll find out soon enough. Go Wings!

Oh thats right, the Wings would probably move to 7th, thats huge as they would avoid the BlackHawks in the opening round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts