NHL 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I see the first three Wings-Ducks games are being covered by NBCSN...okay, fine...but Game 4 on CNBC. I cannot ever begin to imagine the broadcast crew they'll be fielding for these games. It's aways this time of year that I wish I had retained my StarChoice dish and receiver (i.e., CBC and TSN)

Although the Kings could keep the cup, I just haven't seen anything to suggest they will get past teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh.
I completely agree with you. But, as we have seen in the past, ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. I do not expect the Pens to have another big meltdown this year. They are too strong and have played too well thru many difficulties.

Well, here starts Wings Fans spring ritual of staying up way too late to watch our team play on the West Coast. I love my team, but staying up 'till 1:00 AM watching the game and getting up for work at 4:00 AM is not something I enjoy. Thank goodness we'll be in the Eastern Conference next season. :)

Your note about being up till 1 am, means the game ends in Regulation, the OT games are really Brutal...

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Your note about being up till 1 am, means the game ends in Regulation, the OT games are really Brutal...

There are literally five (5) Primetime shows on this evening that I enjoy watching. However, I'm hitting the rack at 7:30 AM tonight in order to get a full 8-hours of sleep so I can [hopefully] stay up to watch the game tomorrow night. I'm fine sleeping from 11 PM - 4 AM, but I'm getting too old for this 1:30 AM - 4:00 AM nonsense. Perhaps tomorrow night I will take a nap before the game, but that's asking for trouble since I may not be able to fall asleep after the game. I absolutely hate the bastard who decided to move the Wings out to the Western Conference 20+ years ago.

There are literally five (5) Primetime shows on this evening that I enjoy watching. However, I'm hitting the rack at 7:30 AM tonight in order to get a full 8-hours of sleep so I can [hopefully] stay up to watch the game tomorrow night. I'm fine sleeping from 11 PM - 4 AM, but I'm getting too old for this 1:30 AM - 4:00 AM nonsense. Perhaps tomorrow night I will take a nap before the game, but that's asking for trouble since I may not be able to fall asleep after the game. I absolutely hate the bastard who decided to move the Wings out to the Western Conference 20+ years ago.

This is your final post season to hate....THEN what will you do?????:D

I remember in the mid 90s the great Oilers/Kings battles. 1 game, iirc, hit tripple OT and was on until 5am in the East Coast.

Cheers., K

Let's do this again Bruins......do it for Boston!! BOSTON STRONG!!!!!
images

I find taking a nap before the game generally works for me.
Of course it's easier for me, I get home from work, eat and relax a bit, get online for a bit, take nap and then, Game Time !

I am so glad you guys made it in, Bill. Good luck! That damn Eastern conference is T-O-U-G-H!!!!

Thanks, you too buddy!! But I actually think the West is tougher again. The Blackhawks are clearly the favorites, but I could see Anaheim, Vancouver, St. Louis, Los Angeles, or Detroit (you can NEVER count them out) representing the Western Conference.

In the Eastern Conference, I think there's only four teams that can come out of there: Pittsburgh (clearly the favorites), Washington, Boston and the Rangers.

IMO, the two most intriguing first round matchups are Capitals-Rangers and Blues-Kings.

For those of you in the Detroit Markets, looks like the Red Wings 1st round series WILL be carried on FSN Detroit, like it seems to be every year, even though the TV listings didn't show it on the schedule I posted earlier ... fwiw, it came off of the NHL website if I'm not mistaken.

It will be on at 10:30 after the Tigers game.

Tuesday's schedule

Wild at Blackhawks- 8:00pm ET (NBCSN)- Game 1
Kings at Blues- 8:00pm ET (CNBC)- Game 1
Red Wings at Ducks- 10:30pm ET (NBCSN)- Game 1

For those near the Canadian Border (OTA) or can get CBC on Anik1 (BUD), CBC's Hockey Night in Canada will the majority of games in both conferences w/ double headers daily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)