NHL Center Ice auto renew charge already!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Wow Dish really wants it's money don't they! August 15th I am being charged $159.00 and they never asked me if I wanted to have the flex 3x pay or put it on my credit card.

Wow Dish really wants it's money don't they! August 15th I am being charged $159.00 and they never asked me if I wanted to have the flex 3x pay or put it on my credit card.

I called CS last year about auto-renewal and being charged the full chunk up front, they said they will charge you based on how you paid last time, so if you subscribed using the 3 installment option, they will keep renewing you that way

I called CS last year about auto-renewal and being charged the full chunk up front, they said they will charge you based on how you paid last time, so if you subscribed using the 3 installment option, they will keep renewing you that way

Wow, that is kinda crazy. I just checked my account and I haven't been charged for it yet. Furthermore when you click on sports subscriptions on the web page all that comes up is check back next season for pricing, etc. DISH Network -- Sports Overview

Anyways, last year they went ahead and charged me a lump. I had to email the echostar office and they got it made into the installment plan for me. But it didn't end there. They tried charging me the higher amounts for the three payments on the plan, so I ended up having to contact echostar executive offices three times to get it properly charged to my account.

I think that if you can get hold of a CSR who knows what he/she is doing you can get the payment changed to 3X like you want.
You may have to call several times to get that CSR.

I think that if you can get hold of a CSR who knows what he/she is doing you can get the payment changed to 3X like you want.
You may have to call several times to get that CSR.

That CSR may not exist:rolleyes:

I haven't been charged yet for the new CI season. I plan to call and cancel because I know the CSR will not be able to tell me if there is going to be a substantial increase in HD games over last year. That CSR definitely doesn't exist!

In prior years, they have had a free preview for the first week of the season. You could still get the early bird price (it is up to $159 this season) at the end of the preview. I hope they do it this way again. I plan to see what the HD situation is during the preview and make a decision on signing up again, depending on the preview results.

Most of the SD last season had pathetic PQ...

i cancelled it over the phone today, with the free preview I will decide based on the HD coverage. They better have CBC and TSN in HD this year or I don't want it.

They sent me a letter a couple weeks ago explaining the auto-renewal process. I didn't pay attention to the dates I would be charged because I plan to renew anyway. I want more HD games too but am overall pleased with the package and the price.

i cancelled it over the phone today, with the free preview I will decide based on the HD coverage. They better have CBC and TSN in HD this year or I don't want it.

I wonder if any of you have ever attended a live real season game before??:confused:

Even for the Buffalo Sabres and their value pricing of home games; one game with parking, drinks/food, program, etc. will be more than you pay for an entire season of CI. Plus with CI, they give you NHL Network free in HD; even if you don't sub to the platinum HD Package. Furthermore, unless you live in a border city with canada; CI is the only way you will able to get CBC Hockey Night in Canada. All their online content is not available "live" to a u.s. i.p. address.

I wonder if any of you have ever attended a live real season game before??:confused:

Even for the Buffalo Sabres and their value pricing of home games; one game with parking, drinks/food, program, etc. will be more than you pay for an entire season of CI. Plus with CI, they give you NHL Network free in HD; even if you don't sub to the platinum HD Package. Furthermore, unless you live in a border city with canada; CI is the only way you will able to get CBC Hockey Night in Canada. All their online content is not available "live" to a u.s. i.p. address.

I have attended games before, but haven't been to a game since dec 06 habs vs bruins. Let's put it this way, just on booze on 1 game, it comes to about half what CI costs for the season :D

new to satelite

Hello All
I am new to the satellite thing and I have just moved from Michigan to Iowa and I have to be able to see my Red Wings games. I was planning on getting the TurboHD Platinum package and adding Center Ice and the ViP722 for recording but I wasn't sure DISH was going to carry the CI package yet this season. It sounds as though if you are being charged already that they must be. Is there any advice you guys have for me in setting up new DISH service for an avid ice hockey fan?

I have attended games before, but haven't been to a game since dec 06 habs vs bruins. Let's put it this way, just on booze on 1 game, it comes to about half what CI costs for the season :D

At least you can still get tix for Bruins. We are locked out here in buffalo with waiting lists for season tickets and minipacks. Basically it is try and get some of the tix that will go on sale in early september at the box office prices or wait and buy a tix from a scalper.

IMHO NHL-CI is the best value for the $$ of any sports subscription; considering the number of games and feeds you get.

Hello All
I am new to the satellite thing and I have just moved from Michigan to Iowa and I have to be able to see my Red Wings games. I was planning on getting the TurboHD Platinum package and adding Center Ice and the ViP722 for recording but I wasn't sure DISH was going to carry the CI package yet this season. It sounds as though if you are being charged already that they must be. Is there any advice you guys have for me in setting up new DISH service for an avid ice hockey fan?

You should sub for it at the early discounted rate and have them break it up over the three payments. Last year we got the Detroit HD Feed, which was pretty awesome. On another note, if you are really diehard wings fan, you might want to consider adding the multisport pack too, whereas you would get the pre and post game shows too.:)

At least you can still get tix for Bruins. We are locked out here in buffalo with waiting lists for season tickets and minipacks. Basically it is try and get some of the tix that will go on sale in early september at the box office prices or wait and buy a tix from a scalper.

IMHO NHL-CI is the best value for the $$ of any sports subscription; considering the number of games and feeds you get.

you got PM

I got the letter about the auto-renewal but did not realize they were going to hit my account so soon. They got me for the first installment already so I called them and told them I did not want to commit. They cancelled the plan and I'll figure out later whether or not I want it.

I have season tickets to the Kings so I think I'll already be getting enough hockey this year. But I have a feeling I'll eventually pick up at least a half season of CI.

I got the letter about the auto-renewal but did not realize they were going to hit my account so soon. They got me for the first installment already so I called them and told them I did not want to commit. They cancelled the plan and I'll figure out later whether or not I want it.

I have season tickets to the Kings so I think I'll already be getting enough hockey this year. But I have a feeling I'll eventually pick up at least a half season of CI.

If I commit, it will be for the whole season. A half season of CI is probably only $30-$40 less than a full season ($159 vs. $119 or $129)...

I am a season ticket holder of another NHL team in NY that is furthest away from you and I concur - I that I also feel that CI is the best sports package for the money for what you get. But at least you have waiting lists up there... With the rebuilding that we're going through this year, they will have to pay people to come to the games.

I've always subscribed to CI on cable, and have always been very disappointed with the SD PQ that we would get since the games were never in HD, but I also have DishNetwork and recently upgraded to HD. I haven't subbed for CI for this season because I was wondering how it was on Dish as opposed to cable but if Dish is going to have at least some of the games in HD then I'm going to sub with Dish because I don't think cable is going to put any of the games in HD unless I'm mistaken.

Did Dish have a lot of CI games in HD last year?

I am a season ticket holder of another NHL team in NY that is furthest away from you and I concur - I that I also feel that CI is the best sports package for the money for what you get. But at least you have waiting lists up there... With the rebuilding that we're going through this year, they will have to pay people to come to the games.

I've always subscribed to CI on cable, and have always been very disappointed with the SD PQ that we would get since the games were never in HD, but I also have DishNetwork and recently upgraded to HD. I haven't subbed for CI for this season because I was wondering how it was on Dish as opposed to cable but if Dish is going to have at least some of the games in HD then I'm going to sub with Dish because I don't think cable is going to put any of the games in HD unless I'm mistaken.

Did Dish have a lot of CI games in HD last year?

If I recall correctly there was usually 2-4 games a night in hd, on a heavy nhl nite (i.e. -6-12 games). The Vs, HD-net, NBC and NHL-Net games will all be 95% in HD, with a few exceptions on Vs or NHL-Net games being SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)