NHL Center Ice / MSG HD

Hi,

Can Scott, or perhaps someone else, please tell me if the Center Ice HD discussions include MSG Network is HD. I read somewhere else that MSG HD has been uplinked. Any truth to this?

Darren,

MSG is uplinked in HD right now but not yet available to subscribers, but it is only uplinked on 61.5.

If MSG is turned on for subscribers then it will likely be included in the Center Ice package.

The big problem will be if subs in the Northeast without 129 will be able to get any of the 129 RSN HD feeds, conversely will 129 subs get any RSN HD feeds from 61.5 via the Center Ice package.

I think I might have to install a 129 Dish if I can't get most of the HD RSN feeds for Center Ice without the 129 Dish. Being in Western NY I should be able to get a signal on 129. Those farther away from the 129 satellite footprint might be out of luck.

John

hey guys - i'm a little confused about channel availability and the sats - i'm going to be a new subscriber - do i have to worry about this or will they automatically install the correct equipment to get all the channels?
thanks

K, I'm dumb with satellite astuff. Just had dish installed 3 months ago. I am also in WNY. Lockport, to be exact. Do I have the dish to get it?

I am guessing you are in the Buffalo DMA. Pardon the pun but do you see in HD? If so and you only have one oval shaped dish then no. If you already have a second (wing) dish aimed to the south east then yes.

Get your remote and press menu then 6 - 1 - 3. You will need to see 61.5 on the satellite line.

hey guys - i'm a little confused about channel availability and the sats - i'm going to be a new subscriber - do i have to worry about this or will they automatically install the correct equipment to get all the channels?
thanks

You leave us many questions like where you are and what programming do you want? (Locals, HD, etc.. ) What your antenna system will be is location specific. We can then tell you what to look for to make sure your installer gets it right.

You leave us many questions like where you are and what programming do you want? (Locals, HD, etc.. ) What your antenna system will be is location specific. We can then tell you what to look for to make sure your installer gets it right.

ok, sorry. i'm in the chicago area (deerfield- about 28 miles north) and i'll be going for AEP, HD, Locals and Centre Ice. i keep forgetting to check - i also want the RSN's if they're not already included in AEP - i think they are. I do have an OTA for locals, but not sure if the 722 integrates these as does the HR10=250 (i'm currently with directv) so i may go with locals, too- as stated.

thanks so much for you help!

ok, sorry. i'm in the chicago area (deerfield- about 28 miles north) and i'll be going for AEP, HD, Locals and Centre Ice. i keep forgetting to check - i also want the RSN's if they're not already included in AEP - i think they are. I do have an OTA for locals, but not sure if the 722 integrates these as does the HR10=250 (i'm currently with directv) so i may go with locals, too- as stated.

thanks so much for you help!
youll definatly get a good signal from 129, chicago you say havalat is 2nd most exciting player in western conf besides gaborik of course
look for pat lalime to have a great year
enjoy the hawks and dish if you make the switch

youll definatly get a good signal from 129, chicago you say havalat is 2nd most exciting player in western conf besides gaborik of course
look for pat lalime to have a great year
enjoy the hawks and dish if you make the switch

so i'll be able to get all the channels, hd etc with no worries?

who said i'm a hawks fan?? NY Rangers! that's why i want dish -so i can listen to Sam Rosen on ALL the ranger broadcasts - not just the home feed!

so i'll be able to get all the channels, hd etc with no worries?

who said i'm a hawks fan?? NY Rangers! that's why i want dish -so i can listen to Sam Rosen on ALL the ranger broadcasts - not just the home feed!

Me, too here in Atlanta - if I can see my
rangers.gif
in HD all the time, I may finally order NHL Center Ice...:up

Last edited:
The good news is, Cablevision has worked with Dish in the past (ex. Voom). I think we'll get it sooner than DirecTV. I guess Dolans refused to give MSG HD to D because of the monopoly of NFL Ticket.

It understand it has more to do with MSG/FoxNY's 24/7 demand. I think it’s the same issue they have with NESN. I have a feeling we will be waiting until the next satellite.

from the Toronto Globe and Mail

NHL Network will launch in the United States in time for the start of the regular season, sources say. The network, which operates out of Toronto, will air basically the same programming in the United States as it does in Canada.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rts/columnists

That's great news but theyre also covering the preseason and that starts now!! So how bout going live BEFORE the regular season. One can hope.

I would think this is a bigger priority than the east coast kiddie football channel that just went up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)