NHL Center Ice Pacakge and playoffs

msachs

Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
LA
I am new to this whole forum thing but the customer service at Dish Network was not able to answer my question. If I have NHL Center Ice package and want to see the WHOLE playoffs, how does it work. They told me that I only get the first 2 rounds. I asked about the Race to the Cup package they have for the playoffs but they told me that is included in my NHL package already?!?!?! So how do I watch the WHOLE playoffs????? PLEASE HELP ME, I MOVE FROM CANADA HERE AND NEED MY HOCKEY FIX!!!!!!!!

I am new to this whole forum thing but the customer service at Dish Network was not able to answer my question. If I have NHL Center Ice package and want to see the WHOLE playoffs, how does it work. They told me that I only get the first 2 rounds. I asked about the Race to the Cup package they have for the playoffs but they told me that is included in my NHL package already?!?!?! So how do I watch the WHOLE playoffs????? PLEASE HELP ME, I MOVE FROM CANADA HERE AND NEED MY HOCKEY FIX!!!!!!!!

I believe NBC and/or Versus has the rights to the final rounds, so they will be broadcasting the games.

I'm not sure about if the game(s) are strictly canadian (both teams playing are from Canada). I think VS then picks it up from CBC/TSN?

Last year I saw every Red Wing's game in the playoffs, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Customer service is correct. If you have the NHL package, you WILL see all the games. Center Ice has the first 2 rounds of all the games that are not shown on Versus/NBC. The subsequent rounds after round 2 are all shown exclusively on Versus/NBC (although versus will pick up the CBC feed for the late games that have the western canadian teams). All you have to make sure is that you have Versus(Channel 151). You need the Top 250 package or the HD absolute(I believe) to get that channel. Other than that, you seem to be all set for the playoffs. Hope this helps.

There are playoff games on VS. and NHL Network (I believe).

No, the NHL Network will stop broadcasting after this weekend's Hockey Night in Canada games. NHL Network does not show any playoff games. Playoff games can only be seen on NBC/Versus/Your local RSN if the team in that area is in the playoffs. Center Ice will pick up all local RSN feeds and also provide TSN feeds as alternates.

I'm just hoping Dish isn't stingy on the HD in the playoffs this year. If I remember correctly, they didn't pick up a lot of the HD feeds last year in the playoffs? On Center Ice that is...

I'm just hoping Dish isn't stingy on the HD in the playoffs this year. If I remember correctly, they didn't pick up a lot of the HD feeds last year in the playoffs? On Center Ice that is...

If I remember, most of the Center Ice games were shown in HD last year(I could be wrong though). The only games I remember not in HD were the Devils and Rangers games, due to Dish not having MSG in HD at all. I know that FOX OH is advertising that all BlueJackets games will be available in HD(if they make the playoffs). I guess Dish picking up that HD feed and showing it is another story though.

If I remember, most of the Center Ice games were shown in HD last year(I could be wrong though). The only games I remember not in HD were the Devils and Rangers games, due to Dish not having MSG in HD at all. I know that FOX OH is advertising that all BlueJackets games will be available in HD(if they make the playoffs). I guess Dish picking up that HD feed and showing it is another story though.

Dish has generally been picking up all the BlueJacket HD feeds. Its good to see Danny Gare in HD:D

I beleive every game shown on VS will be in HD, unless they pull in the TSN or CBC feed and show it on VS for the late game.

Dish has generally been picking up all the BlueJacket HD feeds. Its good to see Danny Gare in HD:D

I beleive every game shown on VS will be in HD, unless they pull in the TSN or CBC feed and show it on VS for the late game.

I go to many CBJ games and I see Danny Gare out at the bars after the games quite a bit. He is a really cool dude. He always buys me a beer since he knows I am from Buffalo and watched him play when I was growing up. He has some crazy stories too...

The hockey night in canada games on the nhl network are in hd on saturday nights.

I don't consider the NHL network games the same as all the other games on CI. To me the NHL Network is more like VS in that regard. And the NHL Network will not be broadcasting any playoff games.

Just in case anyone is curious, I have completed keeping track of ALL the Center Ice HD games comparing DISH vs. Directv vs. Cable (at least for the regular season). It is as accurate as I can make it and there may be a few errors. I also included the NHL Network in the comparison, as it is included in the package for satellite, although not on cable, but I needed to make a far comparison.
My conclusions:
Directv has the lead of course, since they have MSG-HD (NYI, NYR, NJD & BUF).
Cable flat out sucks!
Directv does have HD feeds of both teams sometimes, although that was not included in the comparison.
Directv lists games that are on the HD channel, but are just the SD feed, which happens quite often with the Kings/Ducks as so few of their games are produced in HD. I did not included them in the count, but noted them on the comparison.
Overall, Direct has about 20% more HD games than Dish.
I'll be keeping track in the playoffs and report back.
And just for those that want to know, I'm keeping track as I have the option before next season to switch. I am happy with DISH and love the DVR, so at this point the 20% more, which is mostly the NY teams, doesn't really sway me.

Attachments

• CENTER ICE HD COMPARISON 08-09.xls
    119 KB · Views: 275
Just in case anyone is curious, I have completed keeping track of ALL the Center Ice HD games comparing DISH vs. Directv vs. Cable (at least for the regular season). It is as accurate as I can make it and there may be a few errors. I also included the NHL Network in the comparison, as it is included in the package for satellite, although not on cable, but I needed to make a far comparison.
My conclusions:
Directv has the lead of course, since they have MSG-HD (NYI, NYR, NJD & BUF).
Cable flat out sucks!
Directv does have HD feeds of both teams sometimes, although that was not included in the comparison.
Directv lists games that are on the HD channel, but are just the SD feed, which happens quite often with the Kings/Ducks as so few of their games are produced in HD. I did not included them in the count, but noted them on the comparison.
Overall, Direct has about 20% more HD games than Dish.
I'll be keeping track in the playoffs and report back.
And just for those that want to know, I'm keeping track as I have the option before next season to switch. I am happy with DISH and love the DVR, so at this point the 20% more, which is mostly the NY teams, doesn't really sway me.

Basically it looks like the MSG's are difference between the two. Now if E* would add them I would be a happy camper and learn to get along without YES.

Basically it looks like the MSG's are difference between the two. Now if E* would add them I would be a happy camper and learn to get along without YES.

My guess is that if Dish ever decided to become competitive in NY sports and add MSG-HD they'd add YES-HD as well. But I don't foresee either. :mad:

FYI, from what I understand no one that has Center Ice has been getting the MSG-HD games since they (MSG) are in a dispute with the NHL, so they have been withholding the games from all Center Ice customers. I am assuming that when Direct has been listing the games as HD on Center Ice, it is just the SD feed on the HD channel. Either way it sucks.
More info:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ot-include-msg-hd-due-contract-disupte-5.html

I have never seen a Canadian game from CI channel in HD. Regular season or playoffs.

No one else has either.
There are NO pay TV services, Cable Satellite, who gets any HD from Canada except for NHL Network and VS. I have no idea as to why but there it is. This is NOT E*'s fault.

FYI, from what I understand no one that has Center Ice has been getting the MSG-HD games since they (MSG) are in a dispute with the NHL, so they have been withholding the games from all Center Ice customers. I am assuming that when Direct has been listing the games as HD on Center Ice, it is just the SD feed on the HD channel. Either way it sucks.
More info:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ot-include-msg-hd-due-contract-disupte-5.html

Really! Good to know. I thought it was just Dish. However, if the dispute is resolved Dish will still have MSG in SD only...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts