NHL Center Ice Renewal...

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
I had the Center Ice package last year. Its my understanding that Dish will automatically bill me for this year unless I call and cancel.

Is this correct?

If so, do they charge me the discount rate they offer pre-season?

TIA

P.S....Go Wings!!!

Now that you mention it, I haven't received a letter either. Last year I received the letter sometime during the summer, and the first of the three monthly charges showed on my 9/1/06 bill. Under purchases on my receiver the purchase date showed as June 6th. Nothing there yet either.

Do we have another MLB Extra Inning situation developing on Dish for Center Ice this season.
Just checked the DirectTv home page, and they already have a link to the 2007/2008 Center Ice package, stating an early bird price of 4 payments of $37.25 ($149.00 total price) good thru October 9th.
As usual, the Dish customer service department has no information about the coming season, which starts by the way in 25 days in London. I was just told by someone who probably has no idea what a hockey puck even looks like that Dish WILL NOT be carrying the package this coming season, and to check back NEXT YEAR!!!!! This is really getting to be pathetic lately. How does Dish expect to compete with DirectTv with this type of customer service, and no info for customers when they call in for help.

Wow. Yeah. This is one transplanted Red Wing's fan that'll be mighty ticked if THAT happens. :mad:

But wasn't there a handful of channels marked as "NHL HD" that are expected to be for showing HD games from NHL Center Ice that weren't there last season? (390-393- well and 389 from 61.5)?

Yeah, I need to know if Dish plans to carry NHL CI right NOW. That is a deal breaker for me, and I'd go to Directv if I couldn't get my hockey package.

Yeah, I need to know if Dish plans to carry NHL CI right NOW. That is a deal breaker for me, and I'd go to Directv if I couldn't get my hockey package.

Does anyone have any info on this? As this would make me switch to Directv, I need to know asap.

Edit: A dish rep is telling me too that they will NOT have it this year. Scott, is this true, or is this a normal mis-informed CSR?

Last edited:
dish is coming to my house fri to install. if there is no center ice, they're wasting a trip...

dish's version of center ice was MUCH MUCH better than directv's. this is one of the main reasons i'm switching back. no center ice = no dish network as far as i'm concerned.

Wow. Yeah. This is one transplanted Red Wing's fan that'll be mighty ticked if THAT happens. :mad:

But wasn't there a handful of channels marked as "NHL HD" that are expected to be for showing HD games from NHL Center Ice that weren't there last season? (390-393- well and 389 from 61.5)?

And I was gonna get it this year, especially if there were more HD games... the NHL is screwed up enough without this, too!

E* is just lagging getting the info up for CI. Big deal. It'll be there.

I hope so and think that's probably the most likely, simple reason. Though I'm a little worried just because two different people have reported CSRs stating that it wasn't being carried this year... An official answer would certainly make me feel better. Count me among those who will consider switching if it's not available this year.

Reply from ceo@echostar.com

Relax everyone, just received the following from ceo@echostar.com concerning my request for info on the upcoming Center Ice season subscription on Dish.

Ronald,

We are still carrying the NHL Center Ice Package this year. We are
just
going through a few transitions and you should see the first
installment
on your next statement.

If you have any other problems or questions please feel free to contact
me.

Thank you

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Wwas just about to paste the same message I just got back today.
Jeff,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. We are going to be carrying the NHL
Center Ice Package. However, we are going through some transactions
concerning the actual installments. You should be billed the first
installment by your next billing cycle. If this is not the case please
let me know, and I will add it to your account.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Whew is right. Thanks for posting that. I feel better...

Now... I wonder how many games they'll have in HD this year? I'm hoping that's what channels 389-393 are for. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts