NHL Center Ice Renewal...

I would call Dish, or email ceo@echostar.com
That seems to be the FASTEST way to get answers to programming questions, esspecially if you are giving them MORE money.
I was told that my EARLY BIRD price would be added to my next months bill, last year, the first of three installments started on Sept. 1st bill.

I just emailed Dish and hopefully will get the same response on my CI renewal. I have also heard the Direct is gonna start to carry the NHL Network on their HD tier. I hope Dish carries it or I will be over to Direct in a flash.

It probably doesn't make a difference to NHL fans but I got a letter from Dish yesterday about my auto renewal for NBA League Pass.

I have yet to order the Central Ice and have one question.

Does it show all games including all of the playoffs?

I thought that only Versus showed ALL of the playoffs.

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks,
Bob

You'll get some games from the first two rounds of the playoffs (depends on the team. For example, Versus carried most of the Red Wings games for the entire playoffs last year. If they were on Versus, they weren't on CI).

If there's a team (outside of your local area, of course) that you're interested in, then look at their schedule for the playoffs last year (from the NHL team site). If you see most of the games for the first two rounds of the playoffs not having been carried by a national TV station (NBC or Versus pretty much) then they were probably shown on Center Ice. Of course, with all that said, one never knows how things will work this season.

You'll get some games from the first two rounds of the playoffs (depends on the team. For example, Versus carried most of the Red Wings games for the entire playoffs last year. If they were on Versus, they weren't on CI).

If there's a team (outside of your local area, of course) that you're interested in, then look at their schedule for the playoffs last year (from the NHL team site). If you see most of the games for the first two rounds of the playoffs not having been carried by a national TV station (NBC or Versus pretty much) then they were probably shown on Center Ice. Of course, with all that said, one never knows how things will work this season.

Thanks for your help. So probably, in order to get all of the playoffs, I will need Center ice AND Versus...

Correct?

Side note: Seems like every provider includes Versus with their base subscription EXCEPT Dish. Serious drag.

Bob

Can't wait for them to drop the puck. I don't think they automatically renewed my CI package last season. I had to call.

Thanks to those that have posted the information they received from Dish. I too will ditch DISH if they don't provide Center Ice this year.

Thanks for your help. So probably, in order to get all of the playoffs, I will need Center ice AND Versus...

Correct?

Side note: Seems like every provider includes Versus with their base subscription EXCEPT Dish. Serious drag.

Bob

Pretty much, though it depends on the team and what sort of contracts there will end up being this year (NBC had quite a few games during the playoffs last year as well but Versus still had more, overall, I think). You'd be fine through the regular season without Versus, though.

I upgraded to AT250 during the playoffs last year in order to get it, myself. There are a few other channels in the package I enjoy so I've just kept it and don't feel too bad about it. I've got AT250, the HD addon (with my still pretty new 57" HDTV - HDNet has a few games during the year, too) and I'll be getting Center Ice... So with all that, I'm expecting pretty full NHL coverage this year. Though I have to say, once you'd watched hockey in HD, it's a lot harder to go back to watching it in SD. I really hope Dish beefs up the number of Center Ice games in HD this year.

Thanks,
Bob
One good thing about E*'s Center Ice is they have more than one feed of a game. Last year there were times when they had 3 feeds of the Red Wings
FSN Detroit, TSN, and the other team's Fsn feed.
I don't think that D* does this but I don't know as I don't have D*, yet I will if E* does not carry CI.

directv only had 1 feed per game the last two seasons, and ocasionally they would black that one out by mistake.... a primary reason for my return to dish in time for this season.

Thu Sep 13, 2007
Kings Ducks
10:00 PM ET

First pre-season game is this coming Thursday.
WHat haven't were heard ANYTHING on Dish Network's Center Ice?
Why isn't there a scheduled published yet?

I had the Center Ice package last year. Its my understanding that Dish will automatically bill me for this year unless I call and cancel.

Is this correct?

If so, do they charge me the discount rate they offer pre-season?

TIA

P.S....Go Wings!!!
As far I know, yes.. I also sub to NHL CI..GO DEVILS!!!!!

Thanks,
Bob
Last season CI showed the first two rounds. Semis and Finals were on VS/NBC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)