NHL Center Ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colofan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Loveland,CO
With what appears a lock in the lockout occurring. Does anyone have any information on how D* is not going to charge us returning customers and what are they going to do if the players let's say come back in Jan 05?

I have heard nothing in the way of information....wish the world cup was in HD though :(

Well it does and does not.....when they say reduction in price they don't say if it is pro-rated as a percentage or how the rpicing scheme is really going to work.

Of course calling makes no difference either.......

On a related note is hd in the near future for hockey like football?

My intrepretation of it is this:

You will be charged for NHL Center Ice as if there is no lockout.

If the season is shorter than 82 games, you will receive a credit based on some pro-rated basis to be determined. If there is no season, you will get your money back.

D* can't really say yet how the repricing would work since they don't know how many games will actually get played for the '04-'05 season.

colofan said:
On a related note is hd in the near future for hockey like football?

See Tuesday's announcement from ESPN on launch of ESPN2 HD slated for January 2005. NHL was specifically mentioned, I believe.

espn2 in hd is nice but what about the CBC broadcast on center ice? I went to CBC website and couldn't find out that level of detail....anybody know? Will D* carry it if they have the bandwidth?

HD for hockey in the future? Someone has not been paying attention to HDNet schedule I see. I enjoyed many a game last season all in sparkling HD.

colofan said:
espn2 in hd is nice but what about the CBC broadcast on center ice? I went to CBC website and couldn't find out that level of detail....anybody know? Will D* carry it if they have the bandwidth?

Last year the CBC only had a few games in HD
-The Heritage Classic
-Hockey Day in Canada
-All Star Game
-Stanley Cup

Hopefully this year the do HNIC in HD (if there's a season) :(

If there is a season, it was stated in a news article I had read that they would like to do the first game of the HNIC doubleshot in HD. Fortunately for me, that's mainly the Leafs.

Of course, the west coast canadians aren't too thrilled about it, since a Oiler, Flames or Canuck game is always the second game.

My predicition: the season won't start until February.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)