NHL Center Ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I'm kinda disappointed...another game not in HD. Is there a schedule somewhere that shows the games and whether or not they're in HD?

Thanks

directv hasn't put out a CI schedule other than the guide.

they did last year.

I found the NHL.com schedule by week to be most effective. It listed the TV feeds for each game, if they were HD or not, and are most accurate. Obviously you need to understand what feeds you will/won't get on Directv to make that effective though.

Hopefully they'll get the full CI schedule back up soon on directv.com, other than the full guide.

Thanks for the info, guys!!

Keep in mind some the teams do not broadcast in HD. Here in Minnesota I dread when the OTA local carries it because they do not use HD and that also happens with the Twins for MLB on another OTA local. I have the sports pack and watch most games through the RSN of the team. Over the weekend many games were not in HD.

Someone needs to tell Bettman to not be worried about the D* & Versus dispute, but instead focus on his dispute with the Dolan/Cablevision and get all of the NY teams and NJ teams back in HD for Hockey.

Here are some points to remember:

1. As has been said, they can only carry an HD feed if it exists. Some teams do not broadcast all their games in HD.

2. Canadian games are never show on Center Ice in HD. I believe it is a capacity issue on this.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was searching for that a few days ago and it didn't exist yet.

That is the schedule page I usually use, along with nhl.com to see whatever games aren't listed on the CI schedule

I was researching myself, whereas it seems D* shows more games in HD than any of the providers on NHLCI.

I get Extra Innings and Center Ice. It's odd that Jays feeds on TSN in HD are shown in HD, but -- as has been pointed out on this thread -- the Canadian feeds in HD aren't shown in HD on CI. The only Canadian feeds we see in HD come on HNIC on NHL Network on Saturday nights.

A new beef this year: If the RSN has an HD channel but isn't showing the game in HD, it will show up on a Center Ice HD channel. That's irritating when you set a game to record one team's feed, only to find out that it's actually SD and you could have recorded the HD feed from the other team. Lesson learned: I'll have to check the schedules online. But I shouldn't have to do that.

I don't know if he was misreading the promo or what: But on The Dan Patrick Show, DP was reading a promo and stated that all the games were in HD. Talk about false advertising!

Someone needs to tell Bettman to not be worried about the D* & Versus dispute, but instead focus on his dispute with the Dolan/Cablevision and get all of the NY teams and NJ teams back in HD for Hockey.

+1 big-time. If I had to vote, I'd pick MSG HD feeds and leave Vs dark. I wonder how the rest of the Bd would see this one?

If I am live in the market territory of my team and the game is carried by both teams on CI will the visiting teams broadcast be blacked out? A good example is where my home team broadcast is in SD while the visiting teams broadcast is in HD. Another situation is where my teams station is not broadcasting while the opposing team is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)