NHL CI Home and Away Coverage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
On NHL Center Ice on Tuesday D* have both feeds of the Minnesota Wild and LA Kings game available. Coverage could be seen from FSN North (Minnesota) and FSN West (LA Kings). This was a first that D* has done this although it is common practice with Dishnetwork. Hopefully this is a sign of more dual coverage in the future on D*.

On NHL Center Ice on Tuesday D* have both feeds of the Minnesota Wild and LA Kings game available. Coverage could be seen from FSN North (Minnesota) and FSN West (LA Kings). This was a first that D* has done this although it is common practice with Dishnetwork. Hopefully this is a sign of more dual coverage in the future on D*.

I didn't notice this as I was taking the night off from hockey. My guess this was a mistake by D* knowing them, but if it wasn't thats a very big step. Especially now with the new Rsn's in HD. I love it when we get the one feed in SD and the HD blacked out!
Lets hope D* has finally got this right.
Joe

I was just looking to see if NHL Net was up yet and I noticed they have home/away for Pens/ Devils tonight, plus the HD broadcast from FSN Pitt. I'm loving these daily surprises from D*...

Although I do not subscribe to NHL Center Ice, I do subscribe to other sports subscriptions and would love to see dual coverage of games. Just when you get used to the coverage of one station, production team, and announcers, a team will go on the road and you're forced to watch the other team's feed. Some sports productions on the RSNs are terrible, such as RSTN, the production group that does the Kansas City Royals. When my team, the Yankees are playing at Kansas City, the RSTN feed is shown and the YES feed is blacked out. The YES production is far superior in all aspects (IMHO), and since I'm a fan of the Yankees, and am paying specifically to watch them, it would be nice to watch the station that shows them regularly. But it is the home team that is shown 99% of the time (there have been some rare exceptions), and I doubt that will change with MLBEI or NBALP. If D* does it with NHLCI, I consider those who of you who subscribe to be lucky and I envy your choices.

October 24th D* NHL Center Ice shows home and away feeds of two games.

Tampa Bay @ Washington
764 CSN
765 SUN

Buffalo @ Carolina
766 FSN South
767 MSG

Not sure if either were shown in HD as I don't have HD receiver yet.

At least D* has began in some cases to give NHLCI subscribers options of which feed to watch.

October 24th D* NHL Center Ice shows home and away feeds of two games.

Tampa Bay @ Washington
764 CSN
765 SUN

Buffalo @ Carolina
766 FSN South
767 MSG

Not sure if either were shown in HD as I don't have HD receiver yet.

At least D* has began in some cases to give NHLCI subscribers options of which feed to watch.

Only problem is, the "Other " feed appears to be blacked out, my local guy's shows up, though they are palying at home, lets see waht happens when they go on the road.

Only problem is, the "Other " feed appears to be blacked out, my local guy's shows up, though they are palying at home, lets see waht happens when they go on the road.

In your case I would assume that you would have to watch the game on your home teams RSN regardless if they are playing at home or on the road. For example, if you live in Buffalo last nights game would only be available on MSG even though there are two feeds available.

That's a lot of extra channels... HD channels, presumably - I doubt you'll see that happen anytime soon, unless they get up 3 or 4 satellites that are just sitting there...

That's a lot of extra channels... HD channels, presumably - I doubt you'll see that happen anytime soon, unless they get up 3 or 4 satellites that are just sitting there...

Not nessasarily, the NFL ST is over as of the end of Dec. they could lit them up after that and have plenty of bandwidth.
I have yet to see anything on them other than "Upcoming " so it's a possibility

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts