NHL-CI to NOT include MSG-HD due to contract disupte

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Rangers game got blacked out altogether last night. Now what's going on?

I hope the Devs game tonight doesn't suffer the same fate.

I'm assuming you were looking for the game on the Center Ice channels and that is the problem. The game was broadcast on the NHL channel.:)

Just bumping the thread in case anyone has heard anything about this. I wonder if there's any active negotiations taking place between the NHL, DTV, & the MSG owners?

Just bumping the thread in case anyone has heard anything about this. I wonder if there's any active negotiations taking place between the NHL, DTV, & the MSG owners?

My guess is it won't be resolved until Next season. It sucks because it takes away a lot of HD Games with the Sabres, Islanders, Rangers and Devils. I signed up for CI to watch the Devils. That disappeared way to early in the season.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything involving the Dolans...You might want to give some consideration to "moving" to Northern New Jersey. You'd lose your locals (you'd get NYC big four) but it's what I would do under the circumstances.

Actually the NHL and MSG/Dolans have come to a settlement. But not sure exactly when we'll see the HD feeds again, maybe by playoffs, but maybe not until next season.

NHL and MSG winding down fight over Web

Yesssss!!!!!! @party Thanks for the news! I read the article. It doesn't specifically mention the return of the MSG HD feeds to NHL CI though. I guess that's all part of the settlement?

Actually the NHL and MSG/Dolans have come to a settlement. But not sure exactly when we'll see the HD feeds again, maybe by playoffs, but maybe not until next season.

NHL and MSG winding down fight over Web

That's awesome news. Getting ready to switch to dish or direct, but have been buying center ice for several years. My cable offers no games in HD on center ice, so any would be an upgrade, but as a Devils fan, MSG settling and showing those games in HD is like Christmas!!!

That's awesome news. Getting ready to switch to dish or direct, but have been buying center ice for several years. My cable offers no games in HD on center ice, so any would be an upgrade, but as a Devils fan, MSG settling and showing those games in HD is like Christmas!!!

Linebacker, here's another :devil: fan from Tx :D I started following them during the C-Band days on the old "Sportschannel" feeds.

That's the main reason I was bummed out when MSG pulled the HD feeds from CI. I guess the Std feeds are good enough to get me through for now. Big question is when will the HD feeds return to CI?

Linebacker, here's another :devil: fan from Tx :D I started following them during the C-Band days on the old "Sportschannel" feeds.

That's the main reason I was bummed out when MSG pulled the HD feeds from CI. I guess the Std feeds are good enough to get me through for now. Big question is when will the HD feeds return to CI?

I'm in the Pittsburgh area, and unfortunately was at the game last week. Wish I had taken my old Green/Red Johnny Mac jersey from my HS days. Got to talk to him before game, would love to have gotten it signed and framed!!!

I am stuck with SD feeds through Comcast anyhow, but would love to have the MSG HD feeds next year when I switch to satellite. I love having Doc as an announcer, would hate to be forced to listen to road announcer just to get an HD feed!!!

I'm in the Pittsburgh area, and unfortunately was at the game last week. Wish I had taken my old Green/Red Johnny Mac jersey from my HS days. Got to talk to him before game, would love to have gotten it signed and framed!!!

I am stuck with SD feeds through Comcast anyhow, but would love to have the MSG HD feeds next year when I switch to satellite. I love having Doc as an announcer, would hate to be forced to listen to road announcer just to get an HD feed!!!

You said it about "Doc". That's the reason that I watch the MSG Std feeds even though I have the "other-team" HD feeds available on DTV. Doc & Chico are hard to beat calling the games. Plus, I like the MSG Pre-Game & intermission portions with Daneko, etc.

You said it about "Doc". That's the reason that I watch the MSG Std feeds even though I have the "other-team" HD feeds available on DTV. Doc & Chico are hard to beat calling the games. Plus, I like the MSG Pre-Game & intermission portions with Daneko, etc.

yeah, Dano is great, I also like to hear what the maven has to say most of the time. I would miss seeing chuck the duck as well!!!

I sent an email to Centerice@nhl.com complaining about the lack of HD last week. The email I got back said they hope to have the situation resolved shortly. I hope that means by next season.

I sent an email to Centerice@nhl.com complaining about the lack of HD last week. The email I got back said they hope to have the situation resolved shortly. I hope that means by next season.

Im glad you did that!

I was wondering how to reach to reach center ice.

This is a bid deal for me.

I brought back direc soley for MSGHD.
Watching the Ranger games in SD is terrible. Almost unwatchable.

So, Im on the fence about bringing back center ice if i cant have my Ny Rangers in HD.

I was floored that the HD was taken off a few months ago.

Im glad you did that!

I was wondering how to reach to reach center ice.

This is a bid deal for me.

I brought back direc soley for MSGHD.
Watching the Ranger games in SD is terrible. Almost unwatchable.

So, Im on the fence about bringing back center ice if i cant have my Ny Rangers in HD.

I was floored that the HD was taken off a few months ago.

You know, even though we all B*tch about them not having this game or that game in HD; The package for $159 a season is a super bargain. Look at the cost below.

Torronto/Buffalo Game a week ago in Buffalo

2 Tickets in the 300's (balcony level) $98 each face value - $196
Parking - $15; 2 Hot Dogs, 1 Beer, 1 Soft Drink & Pop Corn $23.
Total Cost - $234.

NHLCI is quite a bargain for the Hockey Addict.:D

At the moment,D is showing 4 feeds of the Islanders@Penguins tonight.Channel 778-1 looks to be the Islanders HD feed.But we all know how they've disappeared before just before game time.Keep your fingers crossed.

You know, even though we all B*tch about them not having this game or that game in HD; The package for $159 a season is a super bargain. Look at the cost below.

Total Cost - $234.

$15 for parking? Where did you park? There's places there you can park for $3.

Total Cost - $234.

Yeah, I'd rather watch my Devils in SD than have the same 4-6 teams shoved down my throat by vs. and NBC. I live in Pittsburgh market, so I would see the Devils about 8-10 times total if I did not have CI. $159 is a steal, considering teh price of going to 1 NHL game with remotely decent seats.

First point..Dish does not carry the HD feeds so if you want them you'll need DirecTV. Second point..I see nothing there about the HD CI feeds. While this may be an indication of a thaw, it's very important to remember that the Dolans are the sleaziest family in the business. Don't count your chickens.

Right now the only sure way to get those HD feeds is through DirecTV with a NYC DMA service address.

First point..Dish does not carry the HD feeds so if you want them you'll need DirecTV. Second point..I see nothing there about the HD CI feeds. While this may be an indication of a thaw, it's very important to remember that the Dolans are the sleaziest family in the business. Don't count your chickens.

Right now the only sure way to get those HD feeds is through DirecTV with a NYC DMA service address.

It is what it is. I'd rather watch the devils games in SD than not watch them at all. If the MSG HD thing is cleared up, it will be an added bonus for me. I will get center ice regardless. I know I get ZERO games of any team in HD with comcast right now on Center ice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts