NHL Hockey 2009-10 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I emailed my contact at FSN D and asked about the + station going HD and I got a response that I like, but not right now ......

We will be taking Fox Sports Detroit Plus full-time HD on Nov. 1st.

Great for next years Red Wing season, but doesn't help for the Tigers this year....
On a positive note, the hockey playoffs will be over by the middle of June at the latest.

So it was a Good News /Bad News situation.
At least we know now !

Well I hope the Wings are swept in the first round then. At least the Tigers schedule is almost 100% HD.

Bite your tongue ....

The Wings are playing the best that have all year going into the playoffs.
(finally healthy)

Just messing with you Jimbo. I have nothing against the Wings, I just hate watching the Tigers in SD. :mad::rant:

Maybe NBC will pick up the April 11 game, last of the season and all. Then Tigers in HD. :)

Red Wings make it.

If you were paying attention, going into the Olympic break the Red Wings we OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS they were hanging around 10th place.

Since then they have been a very dangerous team, (they got healthy for the first time this year).
They are currently battling Nashville for the 5th/6th spot.

Even though the lost to the Flyers today, they clinched a Playoff spot with the Blackhawks win today.

Had they missed the playoffs it would have been the first time they have missed them in 17 years.

Thank you Blackhawks !

If you were paying attention, going into the Olympic break the Red Wings we OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS they were hanging around 10th place.

Since then they have been a very dangerous team, (they got healthy for the first time this year).
They are currently battling Nashville for the 5th/6th spot.

Even though the lost to the Flyers today, they clinched a Playoff spot with the Blackhawks win today.

Had they missed the playoffs it would have been the first time they have missed them in 17 years.

Thank you Blackhawks !
Hopefully the Wings will continue their winning ways into the playoffs. On a side note, I'm glad that Ozzie got some playing time today...but he did not look sharp.

Hopefully the Wings will continue their winning ways into the playoffs. On a side note, I'm glad that Ozzie got some playing time today...but he did not look sharp.

Very rusty ....
Played better in the 2nd and 3rd periods, but not great by any stretch ....
Ozzie the stand up guy that he is, will tell you so.

In his defense he hasn't played since Jan 27th.

Last edited:
The Rangers have been resilient the last few weeks and now play Philly in Philly on Sunday. Winner goes to the playoffs.

Team Sandra is proving to be quite resilient.

Always a bit happier on Saturday nights for the CBC feed on NHL Network for Hockey Night in Canada, the only thing missing are the local commercials when they go to breaks :)

If I'm Detroit, I don't go with Osgood tomorrow.

If they win tomorrow, they'll jump from a #6 seed to a #5 seed- and playoff seeding and the right matchup is something not to be taken for granted.

If I'm Detroit, I don't go with Osgood tomorrow.

If they win tomorrow, they'll jump from a #6 seed to a #5 seed- and playoff seeding and the right matchup is something not to be taken for granted.

All they would need is 1 point, they are currently tied with Nashville with 100 points.
That means even a tie would give them position #5.
A loss and it would come down to tie breakers which I don't know the scenario for.

Doesn't matter 5 or 6 spot. Phoenix or Vancouver either way, Vancouver would be the tougher series. But the will meet on way or the other sooner or later.
The Canucks and Blackhawks should beat them in a series, if the Wings get past both of them, would they have enough left to play in the finals ?

The West is always much tougher to get thru it seems.....

All they would need is 1 point, they are currently tied with Nashville with 100 points.
That means even a tie would give them position #5.
A loss and it would come down to tie breakers which I don't know the scenario for.

Doesn't matter 5 or 6 spot. Phoenix or Vancouver either way, Vancouver would be the tougher series. But the will meet on way or the other sooner or later.
The Canucks and Blackhawks should beat them in a series, if the Wings get past both of them, would they have enough left to play in the finals ?

The West is always much tougher to get thru it seems.....
The Wings lose the tie-breaker to Nashville. Additionally, Los Angeles is only 1-point back so there is a small chance they can jump in front of both Detroit and Nashville. Regardless, I have always felt the "playoff matchups" are a bunch of nonsense since all playoff teams should come ready to play anyone and win a 7-game series. The only real benefit is having the home ice advantage. What I really hate about the playoffs (being a Detroit fan) is having to play all those games on the west coast...team travel and having watch to watch all those late-night games.

Anyway, the west has certainly been the much touger division in recent years.

The Wings lose the tie-breaker to Nashville. Additionally, Los Angeles is only 1-point back so there is a small chance they can jump in front of both Detroit and Nashville. Regardless, I have always felt the "playoff matchups" are a bunch of nonsense since all playoff teams should come ready to play anyone and win a 7-game series. The only real benefit is having the home ice advantage. What I really hate about the playoffs (being a Detroit fan) is having to play all those games on the west coast...team travel and having watch to watch all those late-night games.

Anyway, the west has certainly been the much touger division in recent years.

I agree 100 % , the travel is much worse for the Wings than any other team, Nashville I think is on Central time as is Chicago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts