NHL Hockey 2009-10 Season

Why do you want them out of the playoffs ?

I don't get it, your a Tigers fan and NOT a Wings fan ?

Don't like hockey at all. And I don't care about the Wings except when they steal FSD HD's feed from the Tigers. Why can't the NHL playoffs be exclusive to one national network like baseball and football? Of course if FSD+ was in HD this problem would be solved.

Don't like hockey at all. And I don't care about the Wings except when they steal FSD HD's feed from the Tigers. Why can't the NHL playoffs be exclusive to one national network like baseball and football? Of course if FSD+ was in HD this problem would be solved.

The first two rounds of the NHL playoffs have always been on the local FSN's ... after the 2nd round it goes to the national network.

I prefer the FSN broadcast myself.

Football is on TWO networks, CBS and Fox for the playoffs.
ESPN and the NFL Network for the non playoff games.

Baseball is on Fox and Turner or something like that, a few years back you could not even find your baseball game as it was on ABC Family, talk about messed up.

The best answer would be like we've said, FSN + going HD

Wings hold on to win tonight.
Trail 5th place Nashville by one point with two games at hand.
That said they only are ahead of 7th place LA by one point as well.
All three should make the playoffs just positioning will change.

The first two rounds of the NHL playoffs have always been on the local FSN's ... after the 2nd round it goes to the national network.

Baseball is on Fox and Turner or something like that, a few years back you could not even find your baseball game as it was on ABC Family, talk about messed up.

Just wanted to add that the National Networks consist of Versus and NBC.

Not loving hockey is treason is Canada and almost rates being deported from Michigan...kinda like being mandatory to watch cars go around in circles in the Southeast. ;)

Wings hold on to win tonight.
Trail 5th place Nashville by one point with two games at hand.
That said they only are ahead of 7th place LA by one point as well.
All three should make the playoffs just positioning will change.
I actually flipped the channel when it was 4-0...imagine my shock when I tuned to see Edmonton tie the score at 4-4. The Wings always have trouble with the Oilers.

I actually flipped the channel when it was 4-0...imagine my shock when I tuned to see Edmonton tie the score at 4-4. The Wings always have trouble with the Oilers.

I changed the channel when it went to 3-0 at the end of the first period, when I turned it back on it was 4-3 Wings.

Final score for those that didn't see it was Wings 5 Oilers 4 with Wings scoring a goal with a little more than 1 minute to go.

Also LA beat Nashville 2-0, it was 0-0 into the 3rd.

I'm aware of who carries what. but for hockey why are the playoffs carried locally AND nationally at the same time? Just seems redundant and excessive IMO.

IF anything, it's the Pistons that should be taken off of the HD feed when the Wings or Tigers are playing.

Marian Gaborik scores his 40th goal of the year.

Sandra, this guy has been VERY impressive this year. Your Rangers took some heat for signing the injury-prone winger, but DAMN has he looked solid this year.

Marian Gaborik scores his 40th goal of the year.

Sandra, this guy has been VERY impressive this year. Your Rangers took some heat for signing the injury-prone winger, but DAMN has he looked solid this year.

Gaborik got hurt in the Olympics and has been a shell of his former self since the NHL resumed. I'm sure after the season ends we are going to hear what injury he is suffering from right now.

I honestly think they should shut him down, or at the very least severely reduce his minutes, so he does not sustain an injury that carries over into next year. There are only six games left, and the chances of making the playoffs, with or without Gaborik, are bleak.

Sandra

Detroit Fans

I emailed my contact at FSN D and asked about the + station going HD and I got a response that I like, but not right now ......

We will be taking Fox Sports Detroit Plus full-time HD on Nov. 1st.

Great for next years Red Wing season, but doesn't help for the Tigers this year....
On a positive note, the hockey playoffs will be over by the middle of June at the latest.

So it was a Good News /Bad News situation.
At least we know now !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts