NHL Network PGH game blacked out only on DirecTv????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeditig

Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
cleveland
okay, get this.
I live in Cleveland (zip 44124) and am a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins. I purchase the NHL Center Ice package which means i also receive the NHL Network. I am not in the PGH blackout regions and can enjoy the games when they are on NBC, HDNet, or Versus. However, when the NHL Network started broadcasting NHL games in the US, I am blacked out from Pittsburgh games (I receive all the others fine), here in Cleveland. I initially thought that maybe since it is a Canadian network it might have expanded blackout coverage areas. However, my neighbor (who has Dish Network) and father-in-law (who has Time Warner in next neighborhood) actually receive the Pittsburgh games fine on the NHL Network. So it is not that the game is blacked out in Cleveland, it is that it is blacked out in Cleveland only on DirecTv. :mad: DirecTv is stumped, i have gone as high as i could and everyone tells me i should be receiving the game. Know one will actually check with the NHL Network.

Does anyone have a clue on this. the Pens are on NHL network like 15 times and another 12 or so on versus. Since I cant see either of them on DirecTv I am thinking of dumping then and getting DISH. the only thing stopping me is I have a lifetime DVR service free from DirecTv.

The NHLN has a larger blackout radius than the CI RSNs they use .They told me this in an email last season.I have the same problem with the FLYERS games on the NHLN.I get them fine on CI ,but 100% blackout on the NHLN.

Thats what i initially thought, but when my neighbors and realtives here in cleveland have DISH and Time Warner and they are not blacked out, i find that very weird and think it is a DirecTv issue.

I live here in NY and it was blacked out, too. I was thinking, was the original broadcast on Versus'??? If it was, that could be the reason for the blackout. I'm very irritated right now that I cannot watch the Rangers. Tomorrow @ 2pm, the game will be rebroadcast on NHL Network...interesting to see if that game will also be blacked out.

I live here in NY and it was blacked out, too. I was thinking, was the original broadcast on Versus'??? If it was, that could be the reason for the blackout. I'm very irritated right now that I cannot watch the Rangers. Tomorrow @ 2pm, the game will be rebroadcast on NHL Network...interesting to see if that game will also be blacked out.

I am sure it will not. What surprised me was the Caps/Leafs game was replayed on CSN DC last night and it was not blacked out. All Baseball and Basketball games are blacked out on Replay, so are ESPN Gameplan games replayed on RSN's.

Its a DirecTv issue

games will be on fox sports Pittsburgh, i think

Lacubs, I do not receive FSn pittsburgh, i am in FSN Ohio district. The point is that Time Warner and DISH showed the game on NHL network and Directv did not. WEird.

Earlier today. NHL Network was scheduled to replay the Ranger/Devil game, but now the Columbus game from last night is on. Because the Ranger/Devil game was a Versus game, do you think they switched it so DirecTV viewers can't watch it??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts