NHL Network Woes

dishcomm:

We are most definitely paying for the programming, so I don't know who lied to you but you need to kick them. Just because we ALSO pay for tech/avail, that doesn't negate the fact that the content creators charge the pay-providers a fee to have their programming.
You are missing the point. Your beef if I understand it is you fell you ar egetting hit twice because not only do you have to pay for the access to the programming, you are being required to endure the indignation of commercials that YOU believe are coversing the cost of the programing. Therefore you believe you shold npot have tpo pay the purveyor(Satellite/cable) of said proramming..
Look, as a cable /satelite sub , we are paying for the signal, technonlogy, talent, rights fees and the cost of production. Like it or not, tv especially in the sports world is very expensive..Without commericals, the programming would be prohibitively expensive.
Once again, this is life in the big city. Turn down the volume and go grab a beer.

WHY IS EVERYONE ANGRY WITH **ANY** PROVIDER WHEN IT'S THE CONTENT-CREATORS CONTROLLING EVERYTHING?

Christ on a cross people, use some common sense. Why do we have the NFL Network when it used to be "free" (you still have to pay for cable/satellite) on ESPN/locals? Why do we have ESPN when it used to be free OTA on local networks? Why do I have to pay more/month for price increases?.... It's because the providers are creating pay networks that are no better than what we had originally and then charging [ provider ] more for it, which is then passed to the consumer.

Think.

In this case your argument is not entirely valid. If this guy lives in Cleveland and Pittsburgh claims that areas as it's 'home' territory, Dish should be providing FSN-Pittsburgh (or whatever channel they broadcast on and assuming that Dish does broadcast the channel) to everyone in that 'local' area as part of any local sports net programming packages.

Duh, the providers have to pay more if they provide a RSN to people who are more distant from the center of the territory, Thus you may have to pony up for Sportspak or Multisports to get it, even though you are in the claimed territory.

As to who is at fault, D* and E* do occasionally make mistakes. So stop defending them when you do not know the particular circumstances.

I thought I knew that for a fact but I wonder why Directv didn't blackout the preseason games but Dish did??
DiSH Network has a computer which they tell to blackout NHL OOM. The computer blacks out Preseason as well as Regular season unless they turn off the feature during Preseason. They may have to pay extra to provide the Preseason nationwide, don't know.

DiSH Network has a computer which they tell to blackout NHL OOM. The computer blacks out Preseason as well as Regular season unless they turn off the feature during Preseason. They may have to pay extra to provide the Preseason nationwide, don't know.
How come i dont see any Regular season games on CI in the EPG for Thursday and Friday and like everyday??!?!

Do you think they will broadcast the games this thursday that arent on versus or nhl network on CI even thought he EPG isnt updated yet? Well do you think they'll update it by Thursday?
You mean like on Thursday:
Calgary vs. Vancouver
Anaheim vs. San Jose

and on Friday:
Islanders vs. New Jersey
Chicago vs. Rangers
Florida vs. Carolina
Montreal vs. Buffalo
Washington vs. Atlanta
Nashville vs. St. Louis
Columbus vs. Dallas

Those are all in the EPG. :D

After doing a run down of the HD Center Ice schedule, I see a lot of games being produced in HD that are NOT on the Dish HD schedule...:mad:

Does anyone know of a website or other schedule that shows which teams and which channels the game will be shown on for Center Ice? I'd like to pre-program my tivo as far ahead of time as possible.

My 322 only seems to go maybe 2-3 days ahead of time.

In this case your argument is not entirely valid. If this guy lives in Cleveland and Pittsburgh claims that areas as it's 'home' territory, Dish should be providing FSN-Pittsburgh (or whatever channel they broadcast on and assuming that Dish does broadcast the channel) to everyone in that 'local' area as part of any local sports net programming packages.

Incorrect. Dish and other providers have no control over RSN territories. In this case ,Dish cannot arbitrarily decide to "provide" FSN Pittsburgh to anyone. That duty falls upon the RSN. Because Cleveland is in Ohio, FSN PGH apprently believes there is little interest in Pittsburgh sports.
If there is any appeal, that should go to the Penguins Hockey Club or the NHL.
That said, my opinion of teritorial restrictions is that they should be tossed to the curb. IMO if a viewer is willing to pay for a service, he/she should be permitted to buy that service.
This issue goes back to the subject of advertising and ad revenue. I guess in part that this may have something to do wiht protecting ticket buyers as well. However I thnk that argument doesn;t wash. Heck I live 4 hours from the nearest MLB team and I am in their territory. Cincinnati(Reds) is 8 hours away by car and I am in their terriitory as well. Go figure. How the heck could that team be protecting their ticket buyers from me?

Does anyone know of a website or other schedule that shows which teams and which channels the game will be shown on for Center Ice? I'd like to pre-program my tivo as far ahead of time as possible.

My 322 only seems to go maybe 2-3 days ahead of time.
The schedule does not appear to be on the website, yet. It usually does appear. The link should appear on this page:
DISH Network -- Sports Overview

Incorrect. Dish and other providers have no control over RSN territories. In this case ,Dish cannot arbitrarily decide to "provide" FSN Pittsburgh to anyone. That duty falls upon the RSN. Because Cleveland is in Ohio, FSN PGH apprently believes there is little interest in Pittsburgh sports.
If there is any appeal, that should go to the Penguins Hockey Club or the NHL.
That said, my opinion of teritorial restrictions is that they should be tossed to the curb. IMO if a viewer is willing to pay for a service, he/she should be permitted to buy that service.
This issue goes back to the subject of advertising and ad revenue. I guess in part that this may have something to do wiht protecting ticket buyers as well. However I thnk that argument doesn;t wash. Heck I live 4 hours from the nearest MLB team and I am in their territory. Cincinnati(Reds) is 8 hours away by car and I am in their terriitory as well. Go figure. How the heck could that team be protecting their ticket buyers from me?

Maybe the op would be best suited to just sub to the nhl center ice online version and then he should be able to pick his games, and if that don't work...he could "move" and then buy the nhlci and that should take care of the trick.

I've told my story over and over again about my battle with Ducks games on Center Ice that were being broadcast by KDOC. In a nutshell, the Ducks claim San Diego as their market, so all Ducks games were blacked out on Center Ice. KDOC is an OTA station in the LA/OC market, that Dish was not allowed to carry in San Diego. You couldn't get it OTA (Mt Wilson is 130 miles away). I wrote a few letters to the Ducks and sent copies to the NHL offices in NY. Within a couple of months I got a call from the NHL wanting to talk to me about the issue. Now, when the Ducks are on KDOC they are not blacked out on Center Ice (FSN-Prime Ticket is blacked out on Center Ice as it is available in San Diego). Start with the Penguins and the NHL. You probably won't get it resolved this season, but perhaps next season.

After doing a run down of the HD Center Ice schedule, I see a lot of games being produced in HD that are NOT on the Dish HD schedule...:mad:

What Dish HD schedule?
The only schedule that I see, I just looked, is the pre season and it goes to 10/5/2008 so they have not updated yet

My thinking is if a team claims an area as pert of it's home territory that team MUST provide a local feed to their televised games. If not, that team should not be permitted to black out games in that area from a pay type sports subscription service.

I agree 100%!

In addition, if a local feed is in SD only and there is another feed is in HD, the blackout should also be lifted. When there was only SD, a game was not subject to blackout because the local feed was broadcasting it on the radio. The viewer should be able to view the game in the best format broadcast and the local broadcaster should be forced to do so to retain its blackout rights.

if not, then why does my neighbor get a baseball game with D* when I can't watch with dish and he doesn't have baseball package?
D* andf E* are using totally different systems. That question is best answered by either of those companies.
Now I can tell you this....D* in my area does not carry MASN2....E* does. Therefore If the Orioles and Nationals play simultaneously, E* custs get them both. D* custs will get just one of the games.
It also could be that (this is a guess) D* has a diifferent deal with the respective sports properties. Ask your neighbor if there are any other differences.
The bottom line is this. The sports leagues have the final say. The leagues determine the territories with input form the clubs. The sat or cable providers take what they are given. And that is indisputable.

What Dish HD schedule?
The only schedule that I see, I just looked, is the pre season and it goes to 10/5/2008 so they have not updated yet
My EPG has loaded the Thursaday games...CH627 CGY vs VAN and Ch 628...ANA vs SJS
Friday's Sched On my EPG..
7pm/......Ch 627/628....NYI @NJD
" ......Ch 629/630....CHI@NYR
" ...... Ch 631/632.. FLA @ CAR
7.30pm........Ch633......MTL @ BUF...BUF feed only
" ........Ch634/635... WAS@ ATL
8.30 pm..Ch636/637....NAS @ STL
" Ch638/639....COL @ DAL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts