NHL on the Fly on NHL network HD

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Well the live look-ins aren't HD but they are enjoyable PQ wise and then going to that same game on the Dish SD NHL CI channels is just horrific. 4 hours of NHL on the Fly, oh baby!!!

wow look at the highlights of Florida/Toronto from Leafs-tv and then watch a SD feed of Leafs-tv on CI in the future and you will think your eyesight is going wacko.

wow look at the highlights of Florida/Toronto from Leafs-tv and then watch a SD feed of Leafs-tv on CI in the future and you will think your eyesight is going wacko.

I was wondering why CI didn't broadcast the Leafs TV version of the game, which they did last year. The wife is a leafs fan, but those FL announcers suck big time. You get spoiled with those canadian broadcasts and content.

Great show, but why on earth do they not have a Score ticker? Seems if you're watching a highlight show this should be essential. The pace of the show is methodic (and that makes it good), but that lends itself to having to have a ticker.

Definitely needs a ticker.

And it was nice this morning being able to catch up on the games from last night before heading to work.

I tried hard...but couldn't keep my eyes open after the 2nd period of the Wings/SJ game.

I'm sure the ticker is coming soon. The canadian version of NHL Network has a ticker, so I'd imagine the US version will get it shortly, tailored for the US. I'm thinking that it will be a couple of weeks before everything gets up and running the way it should.

Also, when watching On the Fly, you guys are right in that all the highlights are very good quality when comparing to their SD counterparts on CI. I'd almost venture to say that the On the Fly studios/control center has HD, but just isn't broadcasting yet. If they were recording everything in SD, there is no way it would look as good as it does. I remember the TSN feed of the Kings/Ducks London game on VS-HD and it didn't look anywhere near what On the Fly has. It would be amazing if On the Fly was in HD!!!

highlights of that leafs game were taken from leafstv hd on bell expressvu

I'm sure the ticker is coming soon. The canadian version of NHL Network has a ticker, so I'd imagine the US version will get it shortly, tailored for the US. I'm thinking that it will be a couple of weeks before everything gets up and running the way it should.

Also, when watching On the Fly, you guys are right in that all the highlights are very good quality when comparing to their SD counterparts on CI. I'd almost venture to say that the On the Fly studios/control center has HD, but just isn't broadcasting yet. If they were recording everything in SD, there is no way it would look as good as it does. I remember the TSN feed of the Kings/Ducks London game on VS-HD and it didn't look anywhere near what On the Fly has. It would be amazing if On the Fly was in HD!!!
in due time i think nhl on the fly will be in hd, good things come to those who wait, lets hope

I was wondering why CI didn't broadcast the Leafs TV version of the game, which they did last year. The wife is a leafs fan, but those FL announcers suck big time. You get spoiled with those canadian broadcasts and content.
not a potvin fan, hes one of the best us announcers imho

Last edited:
I just watched the "On The Fly" from the Toronto/Atlanta game . The On the fly PQ was 1000x better than what the CI had. Both were the same feed (Rogers?)

Same goes for the TSN feed of the Edm/COL game.

gotta love TSN in SD while we see the TSN-HD and dolby 5.1 surround sound logo at the start of the 3rd period. WAKE UP DISH!!!!!!! last night's Calgary game on Rogers Sportsnet was in HD as well. When are we gonna get some frickin Canadian feeds in HD CHARLIE ERGEN!!!!!!!

gotta love TSN in SD while we see the TSN-HD and dolby 5.1 surround sound logo at the start of the 3rd period. WAKE UP DISH!!!!!!! last night's Calgary game on Rogers Sportsnet was in HD as well. When are we gonna get some frickin Canadian feeds in HD CHARLIE ERGEN!!!!!!!

Or at least better PQ on the SD feeds. Now that the NHL Network shows us really what the feed looks like, there is no excuse. You are f'n us over with shi**y PQ on SD feeds.

Or at least better PQ on the SD feeds. Now that the NHL Network shows us really what the feed looks like, there is no excuse. You are f'n us over with shi**y PQ on SD feeds.

The PQ is terrible for the SD games on CI but NHL on the FLY's PQ is great in SD....I cant figure out why there is such a difference in quality ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)