E* --Inform Your Customers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

David

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
It amazes me that Dish doesn't communicate at all to it's customers about feature additions, new channels, etc. I always check this site on a regular basis to see what's happening. For example, the only way you would know if an HD channel was added would be to scroll down the HD list and notice a new channel. If I wasn't so darn sharp, I might not have noticed the new DishOnline menu choice that was added last week.
I used to have a Dishplayer years back which had a solid amber light on the front of it which indicated a new message was downloaded. It would inform you of the changes that occured with the latest software update. I wonder why E* doesn't incorporate this handy feature in it's boxes.

Years back, they did have a message light on their boxes. They never used it. Someone told me that they had asked the company why not, and had been told that they didn't want their call centers flooded with people asking why there was a blinking light on their box. (The message light was documented in the manual.) Of course, given the competence of their CSRs, it's impossible to know whether this was an accurate statement of company policy.

It seems as if Dish's only method of spreading news is via the Charlie Chats, but I'm not sure how the common customer who doesn't research their purchases on the Internet is supposed to know the Charlie Chats are there. They used to mention them in the bills, but I don't think I've seen anything there anymore, and if people go to paperless billing then that avenue isn't available either. It also used to be that the installers would tell people to turn to channel 100 or 101 or whatever it is for help, but how many people are going to go there on a regular basis and watch all that junk just to see if there might be an update?

I agree. Now that I think about it, the only way I know about new channels/offerings is through Satellite Guys.

E* should pay Satellite Guys for keeping E*'s subscribers up to date on their services. (My idea....I want a cut) ;)

I agree. Now that I think about it, the only way I know about new channels/offerings is through Satellite Guys.

E* should pay Satellite Guys for keeping E*'s subscribers up to date on their services. (My idea....I want a cut) ;)

They don't even tell their own employees things. I have to rely on Satellite Guys for information about new features/channels. Most of the time they don't even mention things to us about upcoming features. I guess they don't think their technicians need to be informed. :confused:

They don't even tell their own employees things. I have to rely on Satellite Guys for information about new features/channels. Most of the time they don't even mention things to us about upcoming features. I guess they don't think their technicians need to be informed. :confused:

You're right on this, No one seems to know jack on our office either.:eek:

Why don't they just include new information like this in the monthly bill or email customers? Doesn't seem like rocket science to me since my other utility companies have been doing this for years.

It amazes me that Dish doesn't communicate at all to it's customers about feature additions, new channels, etc. I always check this site on a regular basis to see what's happening. For example, the only way you would know if an HD channel was added would be to scroll down the HD list and notice a new channel. If I wasn't so darn sharp, I might not have noticed the new DishOnline menu choice that was added last week.
I used to have a Dishplayer years back which had a solid amber light on the front of it which indicated a new message was downloaded. It would inform you of the changes that occured with the latest software update. I wonder why E* doesn't incorporate this handy feature in it's boxes.

When I had Comcast, they rarely let us know about new channel additions either. Once in awhile, they would announce a new HD channel through the box's message center (I remember it happening around the time of the Olympics as well as the NBA playoffs when they added TNT-HD), but most of the time there was nothing.

My wife just rolls her eyes when she sees me watching the latest Charlie Chat. Actually, I always record it, read the recap here at SatelliteGuys, then fast forward to the interesting (if any) parts. I have yet to see anything discussed on a Charlie Chat or Tech Chat that hasn't already been extensively discussed here in the forums well in advance...

I agree...Satellite Guys is the ultimate DISH Network CSR.

Eric

Unfortunately the Dish info coming from Satguys has come to a screeching halt as well. It's pretty quiet.

I'd be curious to know how many viewers of the Charlie Chat or tech chat they get.... I'd bet it's a tiny number, like a few thousand. I can't see any non-geek-type watching it. My wife also rolls her eyes when she sees it in the timers list.

Doesn't Dish at least email you every few weeks? I'm always getting stuff from DirecTV about the latest PPV events, new channel launches, sports schedule etc.

I wonder if the TBS thing caused the stop in the flow of info. They apparently were pretty pissed at what happened.

I know this is completely unrelated but I just read an article the said Stephanie McMahon was pissed that Chris Jericho's return to WWE was leaked online.....I mean to the point she wanted like computer emails and corporate cellphone records searched for the culprit.

Maybe Charlie has become the same way. In other words not letting any info leak whatsoever about new HD and just sitting back and planning a dump of 16-17 channels at once like D* did??

I know that is HUGE wishful thinking on my part but we have to do something to pass the time while it is us holding the short end of the HD stick.....

It wouldn't be that difficult to either add an icon to the guide or overlay a mail icon on the TV with a "hit select to read this message" .. it can be done, they just don't think out of the box much.. or in this case in the box.. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)