AT&T moves ahead on Dish deal

Good find. I think it will happen. The question is when. It says it may happen by the end of the year or maybe within a few weeks. If all of this is true. Has to be a big reason dish is being hush hush about a lot of things(HD) or even making a statement about its future plans.

I keep thinking that if this happens... it will bad for all current subs. AT&T has never been a company that I trust. They always try to milk you like a cow and their product has never proven to be any good.

Yeah lets hope this does not happen due to I think the serivce will not be as good.

I keep thinking that if this happens... it will bad for all current subs. AT&T has never been a company that I trust. They always try to milk you like a cow and their product has never proven to be any good.

Lets face it. All big companys try to milk us like a cow.

And AT&T has already started milking me. With SBC, my DSL was cheap. Now, I get the same exact service for more money. I see them doing the same thing with Dish Network. :(

I agree. If a sale is in progress, then plans for changes get put-on-hold until the sale concludes and the dust settles...

I disagree. A large company with good value isn't going to do anything to jeapordize the value of their stock. Besides, if this does happen it could be months before it's approved and/or final.

And AT&T has already started milking me. With SBC, my DSL was cheap. Now, I get the same exact service for more money. I see them doing the same thing with Dish Network. :(

AT&T is SBC. SBC bought the remnants of AT&T and changed their name to AT&T. Like NationsBank bought Bank of America and took the name as theirs.

I disagree. A large company with good value isn't going to do anything to jeapordize the value of their stock. Besides, if this does happen it could be months before it's approved and/or final.

Yea. Me too. I've had nothing but reliable service with AT&T. SBC and AT&T are the exact same animal, SBC just changed their name when the bought the long distance arm of AT&T. AT&T wants to be the big dog on the block so I think they will throw up all the cash they need to to compete with D* if not pass them up. New birds, etc, etc.

And they are continuing with their U-Verse. Just going to take a lot more time, and there are plenty of area's that U-Verse never would be able to reach, so this is good business savvy on that end also.

I can tell you that most techs hope this happens. The last 9 - 10 months have been nuts!!

Maybe we will get our health benefits back that Dish SCREWED us out of, telling us in so many words that we should be more concerned about the company's wealth than our family's health.

Yea, many years ago they used to bill me to busy signals. Back in the bulletin board days, I had QModem set to redial a BBS until it got through, and it took a while until it wasn't busy any more, and when the bill arrived from AT&T they were billing me for 1 minute each for every one of the busy signals, and refused to fix the bill. I dropped AT&T and went to Sprint instead at that time.

I agree....ATT/SBC or whatever you want to call them....will run this into the ground...quality (what there is) will drop...prices will rise even more than they already do...and a few year after the have run off a good % of the sub base they will sell whats left off.

If your D* you cant wait for this to happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)