NHL Season 2013-14

i hope you are referring to lidstrom and not yzerman. they did win a cup without yzerman ;)

Yes, they did win a Cup since Yzerman left, but the team still wasn't any where close to what the Wings were when they were between 91 - 05 ish.

That said, everything Started to come together for them when Lindstrom arrive on the scene.

Nice appetizer to NFL Championship Sunday:

clash of division leaders and a rematch of last spring's SC Final: Bruins at Blackhawks- 12:30pm ET on NBC

The Columbus Blue Jackets have replaced the Red Wings in a playoff position on 18JAN14.

Just needed to post that! :p

Flames and Canucks are brawlin' everywhere.. on the ice and in the hall way. Expect a few fines by Monday

I'm a big hockey fan but imo this is a black eye to the NHL. I don't mind fights to protect yourself or other players on your team that are a spur of the moment, but these fights that are planned ahead of time are ridiculous. It also wouldn't bother me if they outlawed fighting all together, some of the best hockey games are in the playoffs and there is hardly no fighting at all in the playoffs.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm a big hockey fan but imo this is a black eye to the NHL. I don't mind fights to protect yourself or other players on your team that are a spur of the moment, but these fights that are planned ahead of time are ridiculous. It also wouldn't bother me if they outlawed fighting all together, some of the best hockey games are in the playoffs and there is hardly no fighting at all in the playoffs.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree this was bad for the game and absolutely has no place in it. I don't want to see fighting go away, but this line brawl stuff is foolish.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I remember a few years ago Tie Domi on Bob Hartley "He's a bush league coach".

The Canucks/Flames rivalry is quite intense.. but you just dont show up in the other teams' rink and ice your goon line for the puck drop (violation of the Hockey code). Hartley should have known better yet Tortorella, with the last line-up change, had to adjust and protect his star players and send a message.

Hockey's too fast pace.. fighting is needed as players police themselves... its the code.

No fighting in the playoffs? Really? Colorado/Wings? Montreal/Bruins.. any series that involves the Flyers. Granted players dont want to put their team in a hole by fighting and giving the other team a power play but they need to send the message that S*** wont be tolerated!

I agree this was bad for the game and absolutely has no place in it. I don't want to see fighting go away, but this line brawl stuff is foolish.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hartley's getting suspended for it. Torts likely suspended for going after Hartley during the 1st intermission.

I remember a few years ago Tie Domi on Bob Hartley "He's a bush league coach".

The Canucks/Flames rivalry is quite intense.. but you just dont show up in the other teams' rink and ice your goon line for the puck drop (violation of the Hockey code). Hartley should have known better yet Tortorella, with the last line-up change, had to adjust and protect his star players and send a message.

Hockey's too fast pace.. fighting is needed as players police themselves... its the code.

No fighting in the playoffs? Really? Colorado/Wings? Montreal/Bruins.. any series that involves the Flyers. Granted players dont want to put their team in a hole by fighting and giving the other team a power play but they need to send the message that S*** wont be tolerated!

I said hardly if you read my post correctly. Yeah keep the hockey code of fighting and policing themselves that way hockey will ALWAYS be bush league compared to the NFL, MLB and the NBA. A lot of fans in areas that doesn't have a team don't watch hockey because of the fighting and that is why they don't get games on ESPN.

The days of the broad street bullies are over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)