Nimiq 6 has been launched on Proton rocket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Canada is located in North America... :)

I am not aware that Canada is located in "North America" , Canada is Canada, as Mexico is Mexico, not part of either "North America" nor "Central America".

What I should have ask was, is it going to be spot beam to Canada.

Thank You.

avenger said:
I am not aware that Canada is located in "North America" , Canada is Canada, as Mexico is Mexico, not part of either "North America" nor "Central America".

What I should have ask was, is it going to be spot beam to Canada.

Thank You.

Quick geography lesson. North America is a continent comprised of several countries and territories such as Canada, the United States and Mexico.

If you are near the Canadian border you can catch signals. Otherwise you're SOL

Basically this satellite just replaces what is currently there and the programming is the same...scrambled DBS programming ;)

Quick geography lesson. North America is a continent comprised of several countries and territories such as Canada, the United States and Mexico.

Thanks for the "Quick geography lesson", I was not reffering to the whole Continent, just the U.S.A part of it. I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Thank You.

Gardenman2002 here

avenger,
you probably wont receive it unless you are in the spotbeam. and I just wanted you to know that i understood your questions perfectly.

never know, they might cover part of the usa but how far south, like iceberg stated, its probably only meant for the canadian viewers.
only true way to find out is swing the dish to it and see if you can get a peak at it.

If the coverage is like the satellite at 82W (which it sounds like it will be) most of the US will be cut off. Lots of info in the Canadian part fo the forum :)

by the way...here is the general map for 82W
54 can get by with a 20" dish
52 requires at least a 24 (my 30" has issues here in MN)
49 requires a meter dish
44 is a 1.2 or greater

outside of that...nada
attachment.php

Status
Please reply by conversation.