Nimiq 6 Launch May 17 - 3:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Successful Proton launch. Breeze module has separated from Proton and the 1st Breeze M burn is in progress. Total time for 5 Breeze M burns and satellite separation is 9+ hrs after liftoff or about 12:30 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Hope it's a flop then things will stay the same for us snowbirds

Marg we know how you feel b'cuz we're losing Bell, too. :( But we can't wish its a flop and disappoint everyone who worked on it and also the Bell customers in Canada who wont get more channels or HD or whatever if it doesnt work. Last time the launch was okay but then some of the xpdrs failed so who knows but this time it will probably be okay. Have you thought of switching to Shaw like we just did? BTW the sat was built just a few miles from us. Also the previus one was built only a mile from us. So we could go give them a rasberry for taking away our sat TV but we won't do that. :)

Successful Proton launch. Breeze module has separated from Proton and the 1st Breeze M burn is in progress. Total time for 5 Breeze M burns and satellite separation is 9+ hrs after liftoff or about 12:30 AM Eastern Standard Time.
Man I missed this one, if I would have seen it earlier I would have put it on the homepage! Sorry!!

I remember a friend having bell. It was several years ago but seemed close to what US channels were but found the programming to be very soft. Maple flags on everything...wow... I fully understand why canadians want US satellite service. I don't see why US people would want it except for the snow birds. I bet the interference mitigation of tweener satellites is more of a benefit and the ability to have higher power is well worth the pay off of pissing off a few snow birds in Florida.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Actually as someone who currently has Bell & D*, I can tell you that its not that bad. I can't recall the last time I saw a Maple Leaf flash on screen. Also for hockey fans the coverage is almost second to none if you like a Canadian team. Ive had many occasion where I was wanting to watch a sporting event on D* only to get the dreaded blackout, only to switch over to Bell and there it was. Sunday Ticket is also super cheap compaired to D*. I can also watch all 5 Superstaions in HD, which I don't think D* even offers? I will say this though trying to watch a show on the big 4 during PT is usually very annoing due to canadian simulcasting, but for networks I stick to D*

The 4th burn has completed and the auxiliary tank has been jettisoned. Now it coasts until a short 5th burn shortly after midnight eastern time with satellite separation around 12:15 AM Eastern. Probably will have news release concerning solar panel deployment sometime tomorrow (assuming all goes well up to that point).

Actually as someone who currently has Bell & D*, I can tell you that its not that bad. I can't recall the last time I saw a Maple Leaf flash on screen. Also for hockey fans the coverage is almost second to none if you like a Canadian team. Ive had many occasion where I was wanting to watch a sporting event on D* only to get the dreaded blackout, only to switch over to Bell and there it was. Sunday Ticket is also super cheap compaired to D*. I can also watch all 5 Superstaions in HD, which I don't think D* even offers? I will say this though trying to watch a show on the big 4 during PT is usually very annoing due to canadian simulcasting, but for networks I stick to D*

NO WAY!! I too have Dish & just recently went back to BTV from Rogers :rolleyes: :rant::mad: and true Dish is better because of no simosubs, and though we get Timeshifting here in Canada, be it Dish, Direct or even US Cable it will be far far supieor then any Canadian Cable, IPTV, or DTH because of:

CHANNELS!!

US Channels are far far better then any Canadian

In fact the worst US channel is far better then the best Canadian Channel.

US Channels & Programing have been the best in the past, present and ever will be, and you can take that to the bank.

I rather DIE then give up my Dish Network witrh its US channels & programing.Now only if we could get the BTV UPLINK working again would be great, but thats justy wishful thinking :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)