No 110 signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cda559321255

Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Corcoran ca
i recently moved and had to install my slm5 dish. I have done so many times with no problems. So after i put it up and point it to 136 i cant get 110. 101 and 119 are high 90’s. I used a friends dish also with the same issue. Ive used a working inserter and splitter and still cant get 110. I re-pulled rg 6 to the dish. I am lost and can not figure it out. Has anyone ran across this problem before.

Reactions: Highstepper
:welcome to Satelliteguys!
You may be out of the footprint of the 110 satellite. If you have good signal strengths on the other satellites don't worry about it. There isn't anything there for the continental US anyways.

That's normal ....

110°W is only for DIRECTV subs in Puerto Rico. And the DIRECTV-5 (Now renamed "T5" to reflect AT&T's new ownership) satellite was reoriented to place its beam peak over PR a few years ago.

So low to zero signal level readings for the three transponders there for reception in the CONUS is normal.

I thank you guys for your help and you were absolulety right!! I havent dealt with it in a while and 110 was a must then. Thanks again!

I thank you guys for your help and you were absolulety right!! I havent dealt with it in a while and 110 was a must then. Thanks again!
IIRC, 110 is where the few hd channels were when they first had them.

Yes, most of the small amount of HD which DIRECTV had was carried there at one time ...

In an MPEG-2 "HD-lite "format of 1280 x 1080i IIRC ....
I was thinking it was 1440x1080, but that may have been dish.

I don't remember locals there, but the hd channels were in the beginning.

HD channels were there at the VERY beginning — less than a year — HBO HD had been at 119* but 110* got HD Theater, TNT, HDNet Movies and possibly ESPN... I remember I paid $5 monthly for this and had to add the LNB to the center of my dish — and was amazed.

That said, all the HD moved to 119 within a year — and 110 became the home of Greenville, SC, Myrtle Beach, SC and I believe Raleigh, NC locals... I don’t know how long that lasted, but I remember thinking it was funny that they were using CONUS capacity for just a few smaller markets... looking back on it I think it was so that they could concentrate the “sat C” installations and parts distribution to one geographic area that could have used a better LOS than 119*.
Not sure how long they stayed up there after that...

Locals on 110? I don't remember any being there.

I don't remember paying any monthly charge for HD in the first few years at all.
That's why it was so wrong when they eventually started charging for HD.
I put the Sat C LNB up shortly after they came out .....

I get a signal strength of 96 or 97 on transponders 8, 10 and 12 for the 110 position here in far west Texas. I doubt that would be the Puerto Rico beam. I would have preferred the more compact dish made just for positions 99, 101 and 103 but they assume everyone here needs Spanish channels from 119.

I get a signal strength of 96 or 97 on transponders 8, 10 and 12 for the 110 position here in far west Texas. I doubt that would be the Puerto Rico beam. I would have preferred the more compact dish made just for positions 99, 101 and 103 but they assume everyone here needs Spanish channels from 119.
I'm not aware of a more compact dish that's designed just for 99, 101, and 103.

It seems I had assumed that the SL-3 dish was smaller than the SL-5. I just checked solidsignal.com and the dish itself is indeed the same size. Still, the single combination LNB would have given for a neater appearance if I really do not need the 110 and 119 locations.

It seems I had assumed that the SL-3 dish was smaller than the SL-5. I just checked solidsignal.com and the dish itself is indeed the same size. Still, the single combination LNB would have given for a neater appearance if I really do not need the 110 and 119 locations.
They probably could make a somewhat smaller dish if they only needed to hit the three central satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)