Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am getting word that DIRECTV will not carry ESPN 24 hours a day even though the station went 24x7 yesterday.

I am told that ESPN and DIRECTV have not come to terms on the cost for ESPN full time in 3D.

Until they can come to a deal then only like ESPN 3D events will be shown by DIRECTV.

Kind of sad to hear the news, there were a few replays that I wanted to see which DIRECTV 3D is airing this month.

Not shocking, given D*'s recent failures at carriage agreements. If anything's shocking, it's that ESPN left it open that D* Could show 3D content without a full-time agreement.

Not shocking, given D*'s recent failures at carriage agreements. If anything's shocking, it's that ESPN left it open that D* Could show 3D content without a full-time agreement.
Its basically the same fight that DISH is having with Disney / ABC with their HD channels, Disney / ABC (ESPN) wants to be paid twice for the same duplicate content.

If you want to know why your satellite bill is going up its not the greedy satellite companies its these programmers who are trying to double / tripple dip for the same programming. Its unfair to us all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts