Switching service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hawker152

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Kansas
My parents are switching to D* from uverse. Everything they have now is hooked up via Cat5e cable. I know that won't be able to be used to carry the sst signal. There is a Rg-6 jack in each room though. My question is, is that enough for each room. Because after looking at the receivers I think they will be getting a HR24 and 3 H24. I have also read about the SWM technology. Kinda clueless here as I'm a E* guy. Thank you for shedding some light as I'm sure this has been asked before!

With SWM only one cable is needed for the DVRs. However, you'll need to know if there are any splitters being used for those RG6 wall jacks. For SWM, these may work fine, but should probably be switched out to the green label splitter that SWM uses.

Thank you. There are no splitters anywhere in the house. They all run to a central location in a UNFINISHED basement. I do have one other question though, Im doing research on it right now but im wondering what determines if you will get a SWMLnb with one wire down to a splitter or one of those SL5 lnbs that you have to run 4 lines from then to a switch. They will be getting all HD equipment and MRV if that helps.

Thank you. There are no splitters anywhere in the house. They all run to a central location in a UNFINISHED basement. I do have one other question though, Im doing research on it right now but im wondering what determines if you will get a SWMLnb with one wire down to a splitter or one of those SL5 lnbs that you have to run 4 lines from then to a switch. They will be getting all HD equipment and MRV if that helps.

Mrv means that they will be getting a swm lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)