No 3ABN on the Sky Angel IPTV lineup ???

neighbor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2006
3 Angels Broadcasting Network was one of the original Sky Angel Channels and until the transponder failed that they were on, it seemed they were still a significant part of the Sky Angel lineup. I, as well as others I know, first signed on to Sky Angel to receive 3ABN when 3ABN went from their old C Band transmission to KU band (rather then buying the new receiver for FTA). Last I heard 3ABN is one of the top religious/health . . . broadcasters and where this is much of the market for Sky Angle I would think that they would again carry 3ABN now that they can have more channels with IPTV. I realize that 3ABN is available as Free to Air on AMC 4, 3ABN is part of the "Glorystar" lineup, 3ABN is on Dish Network (61.5), 3ABN is available on the internet, and 3ABN has their own IPTV system, but it would be nice to have them on Sky Angel IPTV. I do now have both FTA and Sky Angel (satellite). When watching Sky Angel channels it is convienent to switch between channels and have 3ABN there (through its Dish Network transmission) without having to turn off Sky Angel and turn on FTA. As Sky Angel IPTV will be marketing the "convienient easy to use package right into the TV" why are they not again carrying this channel. I am sending email both ways to encorage working together, but does anyone out there know what is going on between them???

I suspect they decided that the difference between "Adventists" and their definition of "mainstream Christianity" was too different, whatever that difference is. And yet I still see Benny Hinn on some of their channels. :D

Of course 3ABN will still be there on 61.5 after SA is gone, but that doesn't help with the "convenience" factor of having them all in the same guide.

I had read somewhere that sky angel lost about 50,000 subscriptions when they stoped carrying 3ABN. I think they were between a rock and a hard place. People were complaining about 3ABN but when they lost 3ABN they no longer had a large enough base income to continue their satellite service.

Ironic that when sky angel satellite ends 3ABN will still be on Dish.

I had read somewhere that sky angel lost about 50,000 subscriptions when they stoped carrying 3ABN. I think they were between a rock and a hard place. People were complaining about 3ABN but when they lost 3ABN they no longer had a large enough base income to continue their satellite service.

Ironic that when sky angel satellite ends 3ABN will still be on Dish.

I think below is where you saw the 50,000 number. I think it's a number given by their denomiation, not SA. I could not find out how they arrived at that number.

BlackSDA > The Latest Of God's Blessings Of 3abn

The President of the Adventist Denomination ran a full page ad in the denominations principle magazine "Adventist Review" encouraging church members across North America to buy the Sky Angel system back when Sky Angel first started broadcasting. I don't know how many Adventists did that but I suspect it was significant. SafeTV, which is operated by Adventists, will continue to be in the SkyAngel line up so I don't think Sky Angel has anything against Adventists.

I think the Adventist church and Sky Angel have simply went their own ways. 3ABN has gotten on with DISH and started their own IPTV service. 3ABN may not even want to be on Sky Angel's IPTV line up at this point. The Adventist church has started the Hope Channel and they, may have more interest in Sky Angel's IPTV service than 3ABN does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts