No 99 or 103 Sat Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KeithAP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Evergreen, CO
Just had an upgrade installation to the Slimline and H21 receiver. Before the tech left, we checked several HD channels (ESPN, Speed, Denver locals) and all was good. All normally watched SD D* channels are there.

Today I'm taking time with the setup and I see no FX HD and looking further, no signal on either the 99 or 103 Sat.

Are these supposed to be active? If so, what the heck might be going on - I can debug this stuff myself if need be?

Do you have the b-band converter installed at the back of the receiver?

Do you have CNN-HD, ESPN-HD, ESPN2-HD, FOOD-HD, etc?

Last edited:
Hold on.. it appears from the time of the install (great signal and no obvious problems on the few channels I checked) to now, we had some strong frontal winds blowing through. Looking at this closer, I've had a signal drop across the board so the sat is probably out of alignment. Should've checked this out before posting. I'm seeing some very low readings on some of the HD channels. I'm going to check this out later today and see if I can correct the issue.

Is there s list somewhere that identifies the HD channel and which satellite/transponder it is associated with?

You will not need that as they change time to time; just get you dish peak and check back after that is corrected.

It was definately an alignment problem. I spent time with both the azimuth and elevation settings (course and fine adjustment without dithering). I was able to dial in 90's for a majority of the transponders on sats 101, 110, and 119. The 103(b) values are mainly in the 70's and getting all the HD channels.

With only a receiver as the signal meter, what's the best way to maximize the 103 readings - and which of the three adjustments would you focus on (azimuth, elevation, tilt)?

It was definately an alignment problem. I spent time with both the azimuth and elevation settings (course and fine adjustment without dithering). I was able to dial in 90's for a majority of the transponders on sats 101, 110, and 119. The 103(b) values are mainly in the 70's and getting all the HD channels.

With only a receiver as the signal meter, what's the best way to maximize the 103 readings - and which of the three adjustments would you focus on (azimuth, elevation, tilt)?

If they still have it up, SolidSignal.com had a very good video on how to fine tune the 5-LNB dish. I'd check that site out first.

Good luck!

Problem Solved!

The SolidSignal video talking about the peak adjustment differences between the KU and KA signals helped. I got back up the ladder and performed some fine azimuth adjustments while my son watched one of the transponder signal readings on the new H21. I was able to easily get the 103(b) readings from the 70's to the 90's while only minimally affecting the other three satellites - for the better :).

Now i've got upper 90's and several 100's on sat 101; 90's on all the others. Now to relax and watch some X-Games.

Thanks all...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)