No Access to Installer Menu

martin21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Fairfield County CT
Two days' ago I tried to access the Installer Menu but could not. I have been able many times in the past including a few days' before. I have had no new software downloads. I have unplugged and rebooted twice but no help. I can get to System Settings and access other menus there, e.g. System Status. But when I highlight Installer Menu and then press o.k. the screen goes blank for a second, some channel I cannot identify appears momentarily and the screen then displays channel 100, HDN News. Anyone else get this problem? Any solutions?

Martin 21

I had the same problem, had to factory reset and called voom to hit the box. The rep advised me to call them when this happens and they will talk you through the correction.

martin21 said:
I can get into the Installer Menu but cannot access Installation Wizard.
I have fallen into this "Dreaded Wizard Trap" too! ;)
In my case, this occurred after pressing the Red Button while in the Installation Wizard.

Once the Installation Wizard starts failing - the only cure is to do a Factory Reset. (See Factory Reset instructions in the VOOM STB FAQ).

Make sure to call VOOM and ask them to re-initialize the box (send a "hit") after the FR. That should do it. Good luck!

Ilya.

Installation wizard ? is there a I WISH THIS DA** BOX WOULD WORK WIZARD. I wish these were were the only issues i had with voom but i cant access anything at all, no pic no sound and the worst part of all NO SERVICE. I have been without service again for 7 days this time (service tech installer cancelled twice) and 11 days less than a month ago but get this i was only installed on the 26th of november 2004, so do the math 18 days without service out of 23 possible days. NOT ACCEPTABLE AND even worse JUST PLAIN BAD BUNSINESS. I even told a few people to give voom a try man i am glad they didnt listen. It is not even the issue of bad equipment but waiting 2 weeks for a service call is not right, well this time they originally gave me a 6 day wait but then cancelled so now i have no idea how long this will take, oh yeah sure i do get the boxes out of my house , SO i am done with VOOM until they are bought out by a company that can actually deliver the product that voom says they can. I WILL stay with Directv where at least i can watch my TV, YES they do have LEss HD but directv WOrks. and for all you people that will come bashing me , i have voom which gives me the right to be here and criticize when justified and in this case it is certainly justified. If yoou read earlier in the thread i even told a person to try VOOM , to you i apoligize, but again i told you not to cancel your other provider. VOOM will never gain a foothold at the costs of uninstalling/installing/service call issues. i will just have to wait a bit longer for more HDTV but knowing full well that when i do get the amount of HD i want it will work
VOOM you are the best advertisement another provider could use to convince a customer to stay with them

"stevesmall", unfortunately, the problem is with Installs, Inc. Post the above to "Wilt" in the Yahoo/VOOM forum even if you have decided to cancel. It will help VOOM give Installs, Inc. a boost where it hurts.

Yes, we've had numerous problems with Installs, Inc. as well as today the installer cancelled the SIXTH attempt to get a 24" upgraded antenna.

About to watch HDTV under clear Seattle skies, Gill

SeattleVoomer1 said:
"stevesmall", unfortunately, the problem is with Installs, Inc. Post the above to "Wilt" in the Yahoo/VOOM forum even if you have decided to cancel. It will help VOOM give Installs, Inc. a boost where it hurts.

Yes, we've had numerous problems with Installs, Inc. as well as today the installer cancelled the SIXTH attempt to get a 24" upgraded antenna.

About to watch HDTV under clear Seattle skies, Gill
While i agree Installs inc is a major problem , it is ultimately Voom that is responsible for calling me back when i request an escalation of this issue. So i cant blame installs inc for voom not calling me back. BUT i can blame Voom for sticking with installs stink for a year. AGAIN ultimately it is VOOMS responsibilty to make sure i have service , no one else is responsible for that !
Again today i spoke to a floor manager and he promised to call me back GUESS WHAT???? he didnt
UPDATE LOL now this is just getting to be really really sad. IM SO GLAD I DIDNT INVEST IN VOOM
service call scheduled for yesterday ( again as stated above i have no signal at all on 3 boxes, they cancelled yesterday 3 hours after the time they promised to be there) and the reschedule date is JANUARY 3rd, NOW THATS SERVICE !!!! AM I BEING PUNKED, I DONT EVEN KNOWN ASHTON KUTCHER

stevesmall, I am truly sorry to hear about your problems, but what does this have to do with the topic of this thread??? Please keep Service-related discussions in the Customer Comments Forum and keep them on topic. Thanks! ;)

Ilya said:
stevesmall, I am truly sorry to hear about your problems, but what does this have to do with the topic of this thread??? Please keep Service-related discussions in the Customer Comments Forum and keep them on topic. Thanks! ;)
I made a silly joke relating to the name of the thread and the topic seemed to change rather quickly, i wasnt the only one off topic here ilya ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)