No actors listed in movie info

BarnRat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2021
SW USA
About a week ago Dish stopped listing the actors/actresses in the info section for movies. This is really an awful decision by a company that is becoming a truly awful company.

I contacted Dish to complain about the lack of actor lists in the guides, both Chat and phone call. Both people acted like nothing was wrong and the guide was just fine. I hate contacting Dish now. Back in the old days (20 years ago) I could immediately get a very, very helpful person on the phone. Not today. I hate to sound petty but I'm happy if I can just understand the techie on the phone.

Reactions: Jim S.
I contacted Dish to complain about the lack of actor lists in the guides, both Chat and phone call. Both people acted like nothing was wrong and the guide was just fine. I hate contacting Dish now. Back in the old days (20 years ago) I could immediately get a very, very helpful person on the phone. Not today. I hate to sound petty but I'm happy if I can just understand the techie on the phone.
We definitely understand your frustration! All uplink related stations are experiencing this EPG issue on some programs on multiple channels with our VIP equipment. We appreciate your patience while a resolution is found!

Please, what does that sentence even mean?
IMHO it means this:
  1. I don't know of any non-uplinked channels that would appear in that guide. iVOD only?
  2. Only VIP receivers are affected. I think we have had Hopper users report this too, so that is very suspect.
  3. They are working on this issue.

I posted this in another thread but it should be here also, especially if Dish employees are looking at this thread . . .

I've been a Dish customer for 22 years and this company is NOT the same company that I chose back in 1999.

The guide info has gotten progressively worse. A few of my peeves:

1) Editorializing about the quality of the film. Just give us the facts and leave your opinions at home.

2) Listing the actors/actresses up front, then a half-sentence of description, then listing the actors/actresses again at the end. Just how stupid is that?

3) Stating things like "Bob meets a new girl . . . " Who the f$#k is Bob?

4) And finally, no longer listing any actors or actresses. This inane decision was made about a week ago.

Reactions: Jon J and dennispap
Just be happy you have guide data at all. My two biggest locals have zero, nada, zilch guide data.............except for telling you that they are CBS and Fox. I reported this eight (8) months ago more than once. Each time they said that it would be taken care of. Not.

I posted this in another thread but it should be here also, especially if Dish employees are looking at this thread . . .

I've been a Dish customer for 22 years and this company is NOT the same company that I chose back in 1999.

The guide info has gotten progressively worse. A few of my peeves:

1) Editorializing about the quality of the film. Just give us the facts and leave your opinions at home.

2) Listing the actors/actresses up front, then a half-sentence of description, then listing the actors/actresses again at the end. Just how stupid is that?

3) Stating things like "Bob meets a new girl . . . " Who the f$#k is Bob?

4) And finally, no longer listing any actors or actresses. This inane decision was made about a week ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)