Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
I am pointed 97 West - 80 Quality and I am unable to get any audio on the following channels.

Star 1 + 2

Overcomer / Star 4

Star 5 + AVR

11835 V 20770

Is it just me or did my software update on my Pansat 9200HD mess up something?

It turns out that the new flash update for the Pansat 9200HD - Version 1219 is defective. When installed the AC3 audio on the "Radio Stations" will not demux correctly and as a result you end up with the wonderful sound of silence.

I reverted back to version 1218 and life is once again good. (Or as good as we can expect from Pansat) So in an effort to fix the PVR recording issue they made life worse.

Sounds like the local phone company (Ill give you a clue, Spirit of service.)

So in summation stay away from update 1219.

My 9200 is still running version 1205. Every so-called "upgrade" version since, has caused someone some kind of trouble. Everything from known FTA channels showing as scrambled, to freeze-ups, to this latest audio problem. Looks like it'll stay on 1205 since I've had no trouble with it!

Eurosport84,

Do you have any recording / PVR issues with 1205?

With 1218, I am unable to record for more then an hour and 15 mins without having corruption occur to the data file.

I look forward to your response.

I never did the PVR thing with it 'cause 1205 didn't have PVR support. A later version (1215 I think) with PVR enabled, was the one that people had issues with. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble to me, since the receiver was working fine with 1205. Do a search for "9200 software upgrade" or other similar words -there was a lengthy discussion on here about it. Hope this helps you.:)

Eurosport84,

Do you have a copy of the the 1205 BIN you could send me. This audio problem is really annoying me.

I found a way around this. Pressing the mute button before switching audio channels, then when you arrive on the channel you want to hear, press the unmute and for some reason the audio will pop into place. What a bizzar bug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts