No CE's Friday 10/28, but expected Saturday 10/29 (Updated)

Hey guys, I don't post on here much anymore, but I am having trouble getting the downstairs receiver to accept the 0 2 4 6 8 code to initiate the CE download.
the one upstairs worked perfectly, but I have been trying for about 25 min. to get this one going down here....

I must have reset the damn thing about 25 times so far.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

You can do a Red Button Reset up till about 90%, but I wouldn't want to wait that long, maybe 80 just to be safe.

I was under the impression that the red button deleted the contents of the DVR. That's why I chose to use the unplug method instead.

Hey guys, I don't post on here much anymore, but I am having trouble getting the downstairs receiver to accept the 0 2 4 6 8 code to initiate the CE download.
the one upstairs worked perfectly, but I have been trying for about 25 min. to get this one going down here....

Any thoughts?

thanks.

If I had to guess I would say that you are either pressing the buttons too fast or too slow.

0-beat-2-beat and so forth is the way I enter the numbers.

Yeah, I have tried super fast. Super slow. The normal 0-one thousand 2-one thousand way... nothing. It just says "a few more seconds", running self check, then it goes to step one of two. I don't think its the way Im pressing the buttons. It worked upstairs just fine. First try. This one down here is being a little punk. Should I let it totally restart then do a menu reset?
I don't know what else to do.

I was under the impression that the red button deleted the contents of the DVR. That's why I chose to use the unplug method instead.

UGH to the unplug method; that should be a last resort method only. I choose menu reset, red button reset; in that order of pref.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

Is there a CE D/L tonight?

but i did notice no fav list anymore or my 9 fav list too is gone so kinda weary about doing it to my 2 hr200,s dvr,s

Well, I just let it restart completely and did a menu reset. Nothing. It just says a few more seconds.... then it does a self check. This is infuriating. I have done this loads of times with NO problems, and on this one.... its just not seeing it or something. I even changed the batteries in the remote.

Well, I just let it restart completely and did a menu reset. Nothing. It just says a few more seconds.... then it does a self check. This is infuriating. I have done this loads of times with NO problems, and on this one.... its just not seeing it or something. I even changed the batteries in the remote.

I always have trouble with my 3rd receiver.... check this post -> http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...88-hr2x-ce-release-10-14-a-4.html#post2670668 Not sure if it will help, but I just thought I'd share what I've found... again tonight, the first 2 receivers grabbed the the new version, and the 3rd is doing the same as yours ...

Good luck, Steve

I was actually having something very odd happen on one of my two HR22-100s. I've been updating my firmware on Fridays/Saturdays for a couple of years now but for some reason tonight one of my units just simply couldn't find the firmware update.

I would get into the firmware update section every time (tried about 30 times) but just wouldn't find the 0575 update. The other unit found it on the first try.

I rebooted/red button restarted... unconnected and reconnected the satellite feeds/filters... anything I could think of... nothing.

Finally after the unit that updated was finished and watching TV I stole its satellite connections and screwed them into the unit that wasn't finding the update.. it found the firmware on the first try.

So the question I have is... What the heck is going on?

Ok, switched the lines on the splitter between the two boxes... Its "searching for new software" (04D1) downloading software... please wait. but nothing is happening. Some numbers in the upper left hand corner are going up... 2/4/110/30 then 2/4/115/31... etc.

its at 0%. I think its broken.

Ok, switched the lines on the splitter between the two boxes... Its "searching for new software" (04D1) downloading software... please wait. but nothing is happening. Some numbers in the upper left hand corner are going up... 2/4/110/30 then 2/4/115/31... etc.

That is exactly what my second HR22-100 was doing but grabbing the satellite connections from my unit that updated properly took care of it for some reason. I've never had an update on either of the units act like this and I've done at least 50 firmware updates on both units, so no clue what is going on.

splitter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts