No channel icons in Guide

Dud

Original poster
Jul 24, 2019
Kalispell,MT
I have a wally that I activated yesterday. I noticed that there are no channel icons and just the generic dish logo. Do i need to do something special to get the icons?

Attachments

• CFE5A1E3-550D-40C3-81A0-B4481FD1666A.jpeg
    CFE5A1E3-550D-40C3-81A0-B4481FD1666A.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 220
Seems like lately, I've noticed the Network Icons are taking longer to show up. I've always done a quick reboot after I get everything installed and after the guide d/l's so I can send status and clear those 2 dumb pop-ups (About Appearance and whatever the second one is) and that has always brought the icons in - until recently

Seems like lately, I've noticed the Network Icons are taking longer to show up. I've always done a quick reboot after I get everything installed and after the guide d/l's so I can send status and clear those 2 dumb pop-ups (About Appearance and whatever the second one is) and that has always brought the icons in - until recently
I wish I could say I've noticed also. I've been out for three weeks now with a broken arm.

Real sorry to hear that! Did you do it at work or having fun?
Work. I was installing a camera. On my 6 foot step ladder, it was leaning against the guys garage, and the driveway was a little slanted. Legs slipped out from under me and I took a spill. I had a 18" drill bit in my drill in my right hand, so I was trying not to kill myself with that, and I landed right on my left elbow. Fractured the radius, and chipped a bone in there somewhere. We're so busy here right now, and I'm just sitting here doing nothing.

Work. I was installing a camera. On my 6 foot step ladder, it was leaning against the guys garage, and the driveway was a little slanted. Legs slipped out from under me and I took a spill. I had a 18" drill bit in my drill in my right hand, so I was trying not to kill myself with that, and I landed right on my left elbow. Fractured the radius, and chipped a bone in there somewhere. We're so busy here right now, and I'm just sitting here doing nothing.
WOW, sorry osumike. Hope you heal up fast.

Oh man, I set up a six foot ladder on a slant all the time and my co-workers always say I'm gonna fall off. I guess I better be more careful because I can picture myself doing exactly what you did and I don't bounce as good as I used to. :)

I know it's eating you up sitting around and not working so please get well soon. Thoughts and prayers. :)

So THAT'S why ladder training shows how you're not supposed to lean a step ladder lolz!! (I do it all the time, too)
May I recommend a Little Giant or similar folding ladder, you can configure it to give you the right height in a safe manner. Need a step ladder it does that, need a straight ladder it does that, need a scaffold it does that.

I learned my lesson when I fell from a ladder while fighting a fire, broke 4 ribs in my back and medically retired from firefighting due to issue with heights after that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Its been a day and still nothing. Should I be leaving the reciever on standby often to download the logos?

Its been a day and still nothing. Should I be leaving the reciever on standby often to download the logos?
Just keep using your receiver in the way you usually do. It will correct itself when it does. It’s not like you can’t watch the programming if the logo is generic...

I tried that and left the receiver on standby over night and it did the trick
Oddly enough, I painted my living room Saturday. Saturday night I put everything back together, plugging the Hopper, etc in but didn't watch TV til last night when I noticed I never got an updated Program Guide. Everything past the current hour just said Information Unavailable. Reboots did nothing but this morning, all is well again

Oddly enough, I painted my living room Saturday.

Oddly enough, I don't have a TV in my living room. I suspect I'm the odd one :( but it makes sense to me. Family room, check. Basement, check. Bedrooms, check. Another room that I do not put a TV in would be the bathrooms.

Oddly enough, I don't have a TV in my living room. I suspect I'm the odd one :( but it makes sense to me. Family room, check. Basement, check. Bedrooms, check. Another room that I do not put a TV in would be the bathrooms.
I don't have Family Room, so my living room doubles as a family room by default?? :clapping

Reactions: TheKrell
With you there, 2 TVs in the house. One in the Family Room for general TV viewing, movies and gaming, second one in the master bedroom for when the kids are gaming or watching something the adults don't necessarily care for. No TVs in the kids bedrooms but of course the do stream to their tablets or laptops.

The living room has a nice sound system for listening to anything from the Beatles to NPR radio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts