No control to GeoSatpro HDVR1200

laurienicol

Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
Delta, BC
The pitfalls of no proper manual for the Geosatpro HDVR1200,
I erased the TP settings for Galaxy 18. The microHD manual suggested that I could get them back by doing a factory reset.
What I have now is a black TV screen, a green light and 00 00 on the receiver, and no reponse to the controls.
It's the lack of control that makes me wonder if I need to scrap the receiver. I actually had reception from the dish before I screwed it up.
laurie in Ladner, BC

Last edited:
Not ran into that yet on mine. Maybe Satav will respond soon, or another member who has ran into this.

Should we assume that the STB is connected to the TV via HDMI?

A green led and 0000 display indictates the STB is powered on. Maybe your TV is not recognizing a resolution change on the HDMI connection when the STB was reset? Take your TV off of the input that the STB is connected to and then put it back on that input.

If that doesn't work, press the power/standby button on the front panel. A red LED appears. Press and hold the power/standby button on the front panel for 20 seconds and release. You should see the start-up screen appear, then the STB will power cycle off and perform a master reset then power back on.

If you see no displays on your TV during this process, try connecting with the yellow AV cable and select a resolution that your TV recognizes on the HDMI port. Then switch the TV back over to the HDMI input

Thanks for the help. I got it sorted out. When I did the factory reset, the output was changed to HDMI from the component cable I was using. Switched it back to component, and bye-bye black screen. The factory reset had restored the missing pre-set frequencies.
laurie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)