Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
I have a newer 922 digital unit. Was working perfect and lighting knocked out pole fuse. Unit is on battery backup,so when ac went off,battery kept it going for about an hour and the it ran down. With ac back on,it remembered my timing I had programed in but no dc lite. Since its only 3 years old the battery in the unit should be good.(right?) Now the Videocipher is very old and maybe the battery in it went out. If the videocipher goes out shouldnt the DigiCipher still work. It also wont work on a free and clear channel. Nps sayes since the dc lite is off,that it is not fine tuned. No way since it was perfect before and no strong winds during rain. What should I check next.
Thanks John

Have you checked you dish limits, you most likely have lost most of your setting. I'm thinking your probably not on G1 satellite, one way to check see if you get Arts on G1-5.

Dont think am off sat position. Skyvision said since there was lighting,it probably blew out the L&Bs.(the lighting struck a 1/4 mile away,but did blow pole fuses for a good ways. So I guess its either the unit or the L&Bs. Any way to check L&Bs with out replacing them? All channels say Quality 99, sig 10 with or with out LNBs coax connected.

Last edited:
VC board has nothing to do with the DC, most people don't even have a VC boards these days, are your analog channels coming in?

You can check if the LNB is receiving signal by placing a fluorescent light in front of the feedhorn. If it's working you will see hum bars (dark bars rolling up the picture) in the snow on the tv screen.

Thanks everyone for your help,it was the LNB. My Sat man here told me that LNBs can get zapped with lighting just being in the area and never hitting ground. In my 20 or so years with Sats this is only the second one I have ever replaced. (dog chewed wires and shorted first one)
Thanks again John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)