No DIRECTIVO this year

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unlike Tru2way, I dont think the RVU alliance intends on it being a "selling feature"

It going to be tech shows up installs rvu receiver in central loctions and then connects all non rvu tvs to a small box about the size of a napkin and then just directly plug the RVU tvs in and set them up. RVU is nothing more then some home automation with a central device that can be located in a av closet.

stonecold,

Will RVU replace currant HDDVR (ex HR24) and how many TV's can you hook up to one RVU.

Thanks for the info.

stonecold,

Will RVU replace currant HDDVR (ex HR24) and how many TV's can you hook up to one RVU.

Thanks for the info.

No from what I understand the RVU box will play along nicely with the rvu box. the one that get shown off and was 4 tuner box, so alot of customers have 1 hd box and 3 sd basically they could drop down something like the rvu box to replace the 3 sd boxes. rvu is just a protocol it already being implemented in the current MRV software. the "rvu" box as it called right now is more of a idea of 1 box per house solution.

Well I'll be the lone voice. I would gladly dump my HR20 and HR22 for TiVo in a moments notice. I do not understand the love for these slow and buggy units.

Well I'll be the lone voice. I would gladly dump my HR20 and HR22 for TiVo in a moments notice. I do not understand the love for these slow and buggy units.

As of right now the since tivo did not want to be part of rvu and that how mrv works it logical to say tivo wont support mrv... you still want tivo

Haven't had any trouble with my HR20-700's.
Don't have anythign above the 20 except for HR24's, so I don't know how bad the rest are, but I stuck with the HR20-700's because they were reliable

TiVo is an awesome choice for OTA only and Amazon Vod, as well as Netflix streaming. I love my HD XL, but I'd not say it was any better or less than a HR24.

No from what I understand the RVU box will play along nicely with the rvu box. the one that get shown off and was 4 tuner box, so alot of customers have 1 hd box and 3 sd basically they could drop down something like the rvu box to replace the 3 sd boxes. rvu is just a protocol it already being implemented in the current MRV software. the "rvu" box as it called right now is more of a idea of 1 box per house solution.

Thanks for all the info.

I got rid of my TiVo DVR years ago, and I've never looked back.

If DIRECTV comes out with a new DIRECTiVo I would not want to pay the higher DVR fee that comes with a DIRECTiVo either.

There was no higher fee. It was that same as all other DVRs.

its in beta testing now (the directivo) right? SO why would they need 2 years to test it (according to StoneCold's prediction)

I did not say say they needed 2 years to test it.

This is what will happen

test happens

DTV and tivo fight over features

test 2 happens

dtv and tivo have disagreements getting existing dtv features added.

test 3 happens

release what I am saying as been the history with Tivo and Directv that this is only one beta test of many so there going to be periods of tiem where nothing is going on delaying the release assuming it ever comes out.

I got my beta acceptance later over a year ago and they have noteven started doing anything about getting units in our hands... and usually employees play gineapigs before the consumers.

Clearly you haven't tried the HR24s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts