No DirecTV service available at new home

Status
Please reply by conversation.
see, this is what really bothers me...people that always try to work the system to their favor. Contracts are contracts. Same with equipment and service calls. You dont go begging your mechanic to give you a free oil change all the time, do you?

Not necessarily.

I had a townhouse with D* and and sold it...or thought I did. The contract fell through as my movers were there moving me out. It was 15 months before I lived in a place of my own again and I didn't base what TV service I was going to get on the purchase of a home, that would be rediculous.

When I did get into my new home the first installer told me that I couldn't get a signal. Well, having done my first two installs myself I pulled out the old compass and walked the yard and found out he just didn't want to get on the roof.

I called D*. They said "Well, we can either let you out of your contract or send someone else out". I had no beef with D*, I wanted service. They sent someone out that wasn't afraid of getting on the roof and it's still up there.

The whole point is that they were willing to cancel the contract. Sometimes you don't have a lot of choices when you move.

sorry. I wasn't talking about the contract That part I totally understand. I was talking more along the lines of service calls in general, when something fails.

Are you positive you can't get Line of Sight, or did some slacker installer just think the job would be a PIA, and blew you off? I would get them to send out another installer to verify no LOS, and I would demand it be a senior tech or supervisor.
A second opinion?..Yes, definitely..However, as we have seen, a senior or supervisor isn't required..Just a consciencious technician.

Not necessarily.

I had a townhouse with D* and and sold it...or thought I did. The contract fell through as my movers were there moving me out. It was 15 months before I lived in a place of my own again and I didn't base what TV service I was going to get on the purchase of a home, that would be rediculous.

When I did get into my new home the first installer told me that I couldn't get a signal. Well, having done my first two installs myself I pulled out the old compass and walked the yard and found out he just didn't want to get on the roof.

I called D*. They said "Well, we can either let you out of your contract or send someone else out". I had no beef with D*, I wanted service. They sent someone out that wasn't afraid of getting on the roof and it's still up there.

The whole point is that they were willing to cancel the contract. Sometimes you don't have a lot of choices when you move.

Ahh yes..the old roof thing..I don't go out onto steep roofs either..But I tell the customer straight up that I don't go on step roofs due to safety issues..
I am not taking a life threatening tumble so someone can have satellite tv...If one wants satellite tv that badly, they can find someone who will scale the roof..it isn't personal;..It's business. My safety comes first...If anyone is offended by that, too bad..Be offended..
Now, if there is another place on th property where the dish can go, it gets done..That's why I am there...Last weekend I had a cust lop down a 60ft tree to get his job done...Had to help him with it as well.. he manned the chainsaw, I held the rope to drop the tree in a safe place...

I would have understood that if it was a steep roof. If my 84 year old dad isn't afraid to get up there what does it say about that tech? It's a 4/12 pitch, not very steep at all.

The second guy came out, took one look around and said: "I think it will go on the rear peek if that's ok with you". It took him all of 30 minutes? WHY? Because I had the house prewired for it to be mounted there.

Why the first guy didn't want to do it....well, it was the week before Thanksgiving and I think he just wasn't in the mood.

I would have understood that if it was a steep roof. If my 84 year old dad isn't afraid to get up there what does it say about that tech? It's a 4/12 pitch, not very steep at all.

The second guy came out, took one look around and said: "I think it will go on the rear peek if that's ok with you". It took him all of 30 minutes? WHY? Because I had the house prewired for it to be mounted there.

Why the first guy didn't want to do it....well, it was the week before Thanksgiving and I think he just wasn't in the mood.
4/12?!!!!!!!! Is that it?!!!!!!!!!! Sorry..when I read "won't go out onto the roff" anecdotes my mind immediately reflects non the 12/12 and 14/12 roofs we have here..I am not kidding...The mid and high end builders here build homes with steep roof pitches..It's the style..mine is 12/12...Can't go up there either...

quote:
Are you positive you can't get Line of Sight, or did some slacker installer just think the job would be a PIA, and blew you off? I would get them to send out another installer to verify no LOS, and I would demand it be a senior tech or supervisor.

yep it was a slacker installer, did want to set it up 20 feet away from house, again not my fault, now for the sats, i get i think the 110 and 119? could be wrong about that, but the signal strength is like 95% most of time and never had any rain fade or anything, even when we had a stong storm pass through... so its good for me, but back to the point, dude , just put a hold on the account and wait it out, work it until it doesnt work no mo! :)

oh and osrry about the time frame thing, not 100 % sure of dates, but it was something like that, sorry to lazy to look up the info :)

4/12?!!!!!!!! Is that it?!!!!!!!!!! Sorry..when I read "won't go out onto the roff" anecdotes my mind immediately reflects non the 12/12 and 14/12 roofs we have here..I am not kidding...The mid and high end builders here build homes with steep roof pitches..It's the style..mine is 12/12...Can't go up there either...

LOL!!! We don't have to have the 12/12 roofs here in Florida like I used to have in NC....no SNOW!!!

Ahh yes..the old roof thing..I don't go out onto steep roofs either..But I tell the customer straight up that I don't go on step roofs due to safety issues..
I am not taking a life threatening tumble so someone can have satellite tv...If one wants satellite tv that badly, they can find someone who will scale the roof..it isn't personal;..It's business. My safety comes first...If anyone is offended by that, too bad..Be offended..
Now, if there is another place on th property where the dish can go, it gets done..That's why I am there...Last weekend I had a cust lop down a 60ft tree to get his job done...Had to help him with it as well.. he manned the chainsaw, I held the rope to drop the tree in a safe place...

Admit it you are afraid of heights!;) You were willing to cut down a tree? That is going above and beyond. I don't blame you about roofs. You never know the condition. You could fall through and I also don't like heights.

LOL!!! We don't have to have the 12/12 roofs here in Florida like I used to have in NC....no SNOW!!!
It isn't a snow thing..it's an appearance issue..Homes with steeper roof pitches are perceived to be of higher value..If I ran the world no roof pitch would be steeper than an 8/12..LOL!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)