No Dolby Digital thru TV using HDMI with HR10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just a side-note. If you or anyone else has a question about Home Theater (and yes D* provides the video & audio to a system), you might check out this foum that I've been a member of for almost 2 yrs. Moderators, if this isn't cool, I understand & will edit it. Let me know. Cool folks (soundhound-member- does the audio for Hollywood-worked on the audio of the re-make of SuperMan...etc). Check it out:

S&V Forum

Barney

I'm Barney there....... ;)

Barney:

Just wanted to let you know I didnt forget to post my update its just that something else happened.

While I was making the switch to the DVI cable Tuesday night, something strange happened - The HDMI output stopped working altogether. I got nothing thru HDMI, no video no nothing. Evidently others have experienced this exact same issue. (checkout tivocommunity.com)

D* is sending me a replacement and I should have it soon. In the meantime, I'm using component. :(

Sorry to hear that. You'll notice the guy on my post above is on his 4th STB. Hopefully they will get the bugs all worked out. 1st generation units...sometimes are "beta" testers. Hopefully you get a good STB this time. ;)

Yeah I've also posted on tivocommunity where hundreds of others have this problem.

It is an inconvenience. But what makes it worse is that D* thinks its an isolated incident and not a widespread hardware defect. That pisses me off.

The other member has been talking to a TiVo engineer & he thinks its a software update. Last night he received an update on his...he will let me know if it helped........

Thanks Barney. I havent yet received my replacement from D* because the Hurricanes are affecting Fedex shipments from the area.

Hi Barney:

Just wanted to finally put this thread to rest.

I tried using the DVI cable and RCA audio but that did not solve the audio issue.

The HR10-250 will only output thru the RCA audio jacks only if there is nothing connected to the HDMI port.

In other words, the only way I will be able to get sound thru my TV speakers would be to use component video cables.

Sorry, zubinh to hear that. :( Here is a review of the unit (if you haven't read it-he only uses the component connection). if you go to the bottom of his review, you'll read, his unit "died" 9-18-04 & that D* seems to know there is a problem. I'm sure they'll take care of the issues.

HR10-250 Review

Barney

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts