no even transponder signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

monte

Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I am rearranging my house, and want to move one of the 2 receivers connected to the satellite to another room. The satellite has two RG6 feeds coming of of it, each using a female to female connector to hook in to the lines in the house. Both currently work perfectly hooked where they are, but when I move one of the to the other room, I lose the even transponders on the one moved. The receiver that did not change works fine. I upgraded the cable to quad shield rg6, checked the female to female connector, but can not figure it out. I moved it back into the original location and it works fine.

Does this mean the cable run is too long? (its approx 60 ft) something wrong with the brand new cable I ran? Receiver issue even though it works in the other room? LNB? I'm at a loss and frustrated. Thanks in advance, and I hope its something stupid I've overlooked by inexperience.

Something could be touch to the center conductor or cable connection problem, check the connector see if anything wrong or the new cable center conductor is too short.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts