No Goltv on Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kimmichael44

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Looks like Goltv is having contract problems with Charlie. This is the worst for me. I love my Dish equipment and have been with them for years, but my wife is Colombian and she has to be able to watch her soccer teams play. I'm going on vacation for two weeks, if they haven't settled this by then then I will have to switch to Directv no matter whet the cost.

I'm not even going to call and whine at the TSRs, it will make no diffence. Funny how certain things can be "lines in the sand" for some customers.

It's A "Sending Off"

RED CARD! GolTV has been sent off! Dish is reduced to FSC and FSenESP (and, yes, the latter is running on 407).

Like that midfielder who sloppily tackled an attacker from behind, they'll be back after a night in the shower.

I cannot believe this. I've been waiting for weeks to watch the Emirates Cup tomorrow and Sunday on GolTV. Thanks a lot DISH.

Gol is the one who is not sharing the signal; demanding too much... :eek: dish added more HD channels and now Gol is gone... just like last time.

Acutally, isn't Gol from the same people as WFN... (a midnight loss of another Platinum HD channel... please no!)

Meanwhile, dish suggests: FSC, ESPN Deportes, and Setanta Sports; plus a free preview of Fox Sports en Espanol (which is news to me...)

Gol is the one who is not sharing the signal; demanding too much... :eek: dish added more HD channels and now Gol is gone... just like last time.

Acutally, isn't Gol from the same people as WFN... (a midnight loss of another Platinum HD channel... please no!)

Meanwhile, dish suggests: FSC, ESPN Deportes, and Setanta Sports; plus a free preview of Fox Sports en Espanol (which is news to me...)

Meanwhile I suggest they give us ESPN Deportes and Setanta for free, similar to how GolTV was....

I cant believe it. I am a big Real Madrid fan. The Emirates Cup is tomorrow, la Liga starts at the end of the month. THIS IS NOT GOOD. I am also a fan of the Bundesliga. I like Bayern Munich. IF this does not get resolve soon i will have to switch to D*. I cant believe it.

GolTV is still showing soccer but if you press INFO, it tells you: "GolTV has removed this channel after asking for unreasonable terms to renew the contract and we're working to solve the problem".

Looks like it will probably be gone by tomorrow since they've added Setanta to the Dish Latino package.

GolTV is still showing soccer but if you press INFO, it tells you: "GolTV has removed this channel after asking for unreasonable terms to renew the contract and we're working to solve the problem".

Looks like it will probably be gone by tomorrow since they've added Setanta to the Dish Latino package.

I hope GolTV is not asking for much. Th last few times I checked they had informational about Male enhancer pills. I will miss the channel, Setanta is way too much $$ for me to justify.:mad::mad::mad:

The soccer they are showing is from Fox Sports en espanol, at least in the 853 channel which is Goltv in spanish. Look at the up left corner

I'd rather watch paint dry :p ............

......but I do hope you guy's keep your channel

Besides how mad we are about this, before we jump to Directv, we should consider the following. For the Bundesliga and La Liga the 2008-09 is the final season of their contracts, so maybe Goltv won't be carrying either one next year, remember what happen to Goltv last year when the contract was up with Calcio....I heard that ESPN Deportes will be bidding next year for LA LIGA...

GolTV gone means true loss

As many others, I only found out today that GolTV disapperead. Did GolTV ask for more money because they added new programs recently, e.g. 2010 world cup qualifiers? If so, that would be fair. Interestingly, DirecTV must have been able to come up with the necessary cash. DISH figures, soccer fans are a minority -- lets get rid of one of their programs so we an recover some money for the DVR patent infringement lawsuit we lost.

Note that ESPN Desportes, Fox Espanol, and Setanta cannot replace --not even in combination-- the GolTV programming. We GolTV DISH subscribers are losing the live matches and highlight shows of two of the top 5 professional soccer leagues in the world. Neither of the aforementioned "substitutes" offered by DISH carry the Primera Liga and the Bundesliga. Also note that former GolTV subscribers get Setanta and FoxEspanol only as temporary free previews. Setanta is $14.95 a month and will definitey no remain free. It does not cost DISH much more to feed ESPN Desportes and FoxEspanol to America's top package customers now -- they are already in all three DISH Latino lineups.

Hey, we are not losing one of the dozen shopping channels here -- DISH based soccer fans loose a significant program and get nothing in return. At the least, I would expect that DISH applies discounts to all the packages that included GolTV.

Well.....i dont know.....I am willing to lose 2 or 3 games once the Budesliga starts. But if by September E* is not carrying GOLTV i will go to D*. I hope FIOS is on by that time (NYC) At the Goltv web site. They have a notice about DISH not carrying the channel and gives a list of all the other providers that do. Quite a BIG list. I cant believe E* is the only one without the channel.