No HBO HD channels in guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I'm considering subscribing to HBO to catch the remaining episodes of Boardwalk Empire and to see some other movies / specials / etc. The problem is that none of the HD HBO feeds are showing up in my 722 guide. No HBO-E HD, no HBO-2E HD, no HBO Signature HD, no HBO Zone HD, and so on. Check switch did not uncover these channels. What else should I check to try and get these channels in my guide?

(722, EA dish)

You probably need to subscribe first before the mapped HD channel will show up in your guide. If you truly have eastern arc and you are seeing 72.7 the channels are there.

more info

I'm considering subscribing to HBO to catch the remaining episodes of Boardwalk Empire and to see some other movies / specials / etc. The problem is that none of the HD HBO feeds are showing up in my 722 guide. No HBO-E HD, no HBO-2E HD, no HBO Signature HD, no HBO Zone HD, and so on. Check switch did not uncover these channels. What else should I check to try and get these channels in my guide?

(722, EA dish)

What sats are showing on your system? If EA you need to be seeing both 61.5 & 72.7 to get them all to show. On WA you 110 &129 for all the HBO's to show up.

I'm not subscribed to HBO at all, but all of the SD channels show up in the guide. You're saying that the HBO HD feeds only show up in the guide once you subscribe?

I am almost certain that you have to subscribe before the HBO HD channels are mapped down to the 300 range. Check channels in the 9400 range for the "real" HBO HD feeds.
9451 HBO Comedy
9452 HBO Zone
9453 HBO Family
9455 HBO2 East
9456 HBO East
9459 HBO Latino
9478 HBO West

If you can see those, you are all set.

Dish receivers cannot handle receiving two different channels with the same numbers at the same time. All the HD channels are really in the 9400-9599 cvhannel range (with a few exceptions in the high 300 channel range). The receiver will take that channel number and map it down to the lower number range next to the SD counterpart.

Dish does reuse channel numbers for locals on spot beams, but no receiver (or Dish) is capable or receiving more than one set of the reused numbers.

Hope this helps.

OK, I guess I'll subscribe and find out. Note that the only HBO HD feed I see now in the 9xxx range is HBO East HD (don't remember the channel number offhand).

What satellites are you receiving? You need to be able to see either 129° or 61.5° to get all the HBO HD channels, and some of the channels will move from 61.5 to 72.7 eventually. HBO HD (300) is at 110° so a Dish 500 will give you that channel. (it is also at 72.7°)

Menu-6>1>3 will show you the sats you are receiving.

If you cannot see the channel numbers I posted above you will NOT get them in the 300 range either when you subscribe.

I had HBO a few months back and now I don't and the only channel that shows up in my guide in Red is# 304 Hbo 2W. But I have the 922 and I had the sd versions of Hbo locked out except HBO 2W. The 922 is very quirky in it's way of handling channels in the guide anyway. IF you have favorite lists with say Showtime and Tmc in it and you drop the subscription to those channels , they are still there in RED and you can't delete them. Now if you clear out the list before you drop the subscription , the list is okay. Quirky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)