No HD game on CI again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I tuned to channel 778-1 to watch the Wings/Oiler ADVERTISED HD game on Fox Sports Detroit, only to find the game is NOT in HD...what gives??? This is happening almost nightly.

Just because a HD channel location is open up In CI on Directv, doesn't mean a game is in HD. The best way to check this on a US Satellite based RSN is to check that channel and not the CI channel. It is not always correct, but generaly once the season gets going it is. If you would have checked FS Detroit HD, you would have seen that the game wasn't in HD as far as the width of the screen goes.

Lazy me, just tuned to the channel that says HD, and I expected it to be in HD...am I wrong?

No, you're not but it wasn't D*'s fault either as FSN Detroit didn't have an HD feed on their HD channel (nothing D* or CI can do about that). What is D*/CI's fault is refusing to carry TSN's HD feed :rant:

same problem, directv automated customer service fixed it!

This just happened to me tonight.. i was getting 721 error on the FSSW HD feed for the Stars game. Also, going through the CI channels, all of the HD feeds were greyed out as if I wasn't authorized for those channels.

i called directv and through the automated service said "message 721", or "extension 721". it then automatically went through and resent authorization and now the HD feed of the stars game is on!!

The CI channel list still has the grayed out entries, but the HD feeds are now coming in. very strange but pretty awesome that the automated phone service was able to fix it!

:down to the problem, but :up to the phone bot

This just happened to me tonight.. i was getting 721 error on the FSSW HD feed for the Stars game. Also, going through the CI channels, all of the HD feeds were greyed out as if I wasn't authorized for those channels.

i called directv and through the automated service said "message 721", or "extension 721". it then automatically went through and resent authorization and now the HD feed of the stars game is on!!

The CI channel list still has the grayed out entries, but the HD feeds are now coming in. very strange but pretty awesome that the automated phone service was able to fix it!
Was having the same problem....after reading your post, I called in and did the same thing. Channels seem clear now though tonight's Flyers/Lightning "HD" feed is actually the SD feed. Apparently SUN isn't showing it in HD. That's ok, at least I'm not seeing the 721 msg any more and hopefully won't miss any further HD broadcasts.

Next time look at the tv guide itself and see if the HDTV icon is on the games listing. If you would have looked, you would have seen there was NO such icon under the Red Wings game those last two games they played.

Next time look at the tv guide itself and see if the HDTV icon is on the games listing.
And sometimes even that doesn't mean anything....see my post above yours. The PHL/TAM HD channel has the HD logo and I guess technically, it's a HD presentation though it's a 4:3 SD image with SUNSPORTS sidebars.

I had the same issue tonight with the Hurricanes-Panthers game. I read the above post, called Customer Service, asked for "extension 721" and it was on in HD in a matter of seconds. Thanks for the assist.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts