No HD locals in Nashville?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acovington

Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I was happy when I read here that DirecTV began offering HD locals on 4/19! I was let down when I realized I wasn't receiving them. I checked on the evening of 4/20 and again this morning (4/21) - nada. My receiver is the H10 and my dish is a 3-LNB model, both less than one year old. Is there something I'm supposed to do on the receiver to 'enable' these, or... what? Thanks for your comments.

acovington

You need to call D* and tell them you want to upgrade to the H20 receiver and the AT9 5 lnb dish. These are required if you want to get the Nashville locals in HD. You should be able to upgrade for a good deal, especially if you ask for the retention department.
Volrog

You Need the New MPEG 4 H20

I know a lot people who bought an H10 reciever in past couple of months. They still sell them at Wal-Mart here. You have to have a Newer H20 MPEG 4 reciever, and a 5 LNB dish, which is the AT9. Call DirecTV and up grade. The Nashville Locals are clear and a great addition to the rest of the HD programming.

Welcome to the site acovington.Like Volrog and Jedi has said,you will have to upgrade to the H20 and the AT9 dish in order to receive the Nashville HD locals (MPEG4 equipment).

ChrisPC said:
I get all the Nashville HD locals on my H10, with an antenna. :) I'll wait to get an H20 and AT9.
Just curious,but,how many OTA channels are you getting with the H10 Chris?We are currently getting 18 digital/HD OTA channels with the H20 over here (alot of sub-channels). :)

I think I get about 19. If you're getting 18 digital channels, you must have an antenna connected. D* only has 4 HD locals on the satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)