No HDMI with HR10-250 - my error?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trav

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Just finished getting D* installed with the HR10-250 receiver. Everything works perfectly if I use the component video cables, but if I try HDMI, I get nothing - no picture at all. I'm hooking up to a 50" RCA DLP HDTV (LPW162) and made sure I switched to the HDMI input on the TV itself. The component output is disabled when I hook up the HDMI cable, so I know it recognizes the cable. But I have no idea if it's a problem with the reciever or my TV since I have no other HDMI device to try with it. I know the HR10-250 has some known problems with HDMI (failure after a certain time, etc), but should I guess that the HDMI port is dead on arrival? Or is there some magical menu setting I'm forgetting?

I saw somewhere else that someone said HR10-250 receivers built after 11-20-2004 supposedly had this fixed. Mine was built Dec. 14, 2004 and it died after about 2 weeks (and probably less than 15 hours of HDMI use).

Still deciding if I should wait for D* to get a handle on this problem before I get a swap out.

flamedog said:
I saw somewhere else that someone said HR10-250 receivers built after 11-20-2004 supposedly had this fixed. Mine was built Dec. 14, 2004 and it died after about 2 weeks (and probably less than 15 hours of HDMI use).

Still deciding if I should wait for D* to get a handle on this problem before I get a swap out.

I got an exchange on my unit and the new one has no date on the back, and others said that the newer ones don't. Anyway, the HDMI port on the new one works fine, but I'm not holding my breath. If it goes bad, I'll wait until there is some hard evidence that they have actually fixed the problem. I haven't noticed much difference between HDMI and component, so the only reason I really want HDMI is to free up a component connection on my TV for DVD and XBOX.

The folks at the Tivo Community Forum have said the units with no dates on the back are working fine for HDMI. With RPTVs like CRT and DLP you will not see a difference with HDMI vs. component, these TVs convert the signal to analog even over HDMI. I have the Denon DVD-1910 which upconverts to HD and the Mitsubishi 55515 which upconverts all content to 1080i. There is a substantial difference when I allow the DVD to perform the upconversion and the DVD player is hooked up via DVI/HDMI cable, with my HR10-250 ... component and HDMI do look identical.

Gald to hear to got fixed up! Enjoy our HD Lite!

slacker9876 said:
The folks at the Tivo Community Forum have said the units with no dates on the back are working fine for HDMI.

I've also read about hard drive problems on early versions of this unit. Have those been fixed as well?

My HDMI out also

My HR10-250 was built Nov. 6 2004, after about a month of use the HDMI signal to my DVI-D TV turned to a complete green color (you could still make out some detail in the picture, but it's completely un-watchable).

The component outputs work fine, but I want the HDMI.

I hooked up another DVI component to my TV which worked fine, so I know it's not the TV.

How do I go about getting a replacement for my DVR (I bought on ebay from a satellite distributor)?

thanks

RE: hard drives...
Yes, my first HR10-250 had the hard drive die after 3 weeks of use...I bought mine from Solid Signal...they referred me to DirecTV for replacement...which went fine. DirecTV supposedly handles all warranty replacements after original purchase.

So it sounds like perhaps the time is alright for getting a replacement and expecting the HDMI issue to be fixed??

MrGneissGuy said:
I've also read about hard drive problems on early versions of this unit. Have those been fixed as well?
I couldn't tell you. What I can say is that i purchased my HR10-250 from Value Electronics and I have had none of the issues that others have seen. Perhaps I was just lucky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts